1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

94 Road King

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Jul 6, 2010.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well tonight I was searching the internet for motorcycles and I happened to run into a 94 Road KIng. It has 47k on it and appears to be all stock except for the tour pac and fairing that is from Harley. I went to go see this bike as it is only a short ride away from me. This is what I saw. Now, I am comparing this to the 84 Shovel that I have been ranting about, but I would like opinions and comparisons. Be rough if you have to.

Attached Files:

2. JohnnyBiker

Here are the last 2 pictures of the bike. I only say one major flaw in the paint, which wasn't really that bad. The engine had a little bit of peeling of the wrinkle black, but I expect that for the age. here we go.

Attached Files:

3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

A very good crusier , or you can strip it down & save the parts for later , it's a easy strip to make it look like a street glide , & by 94 the evo was 10 years old, very good engines , That's a very good looking ride , as is , in my younger days I would have taken all the extras off & stored them , for later use or road trips , Now I would ride it like it is except mabe putting true dules on it
  4. JohnnyBiker

The guy is only asking $6700
  5. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

The Evo RK has a rubber mounted engine,the Shovel is solid mount so you'd feel a lot less vibration on the RK. Parts are more available for an Evo than a Shovel. If you wanted to do some long distance touring the RK would be a better choice. IMO the Evo is the best engine Harley ever made.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Nice looking ride for sure. I wouldn't be afraid of it and think it would be a better bike for you than the shovel. With some cams that EVO will move out real nice.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I like the shovel.... Kool, looks great... all your biker friends will drool over it at bike night
    and say nice things about it...

But if you're going for longer distance rides, EVO....

Whats the budget, you might be able to get an early TC for not much more and JMO I'd get a 99 to 04 Twincam if you can swing the deal, Way more TC's on the road,

03's were 100th anniversary and they made hundreds of thousands of them in Black or a bluesteel greyish color. Should be a cheap easy bike to find.
  8. Devolution

Devolution New Member

I loved my 95 RK, be aware that after 94-96 major changes were made to the frame. Alot of accessories are year specific. BTW, I love the original OEM saddles that came with the bike. Have fun.
  9. JohnnyBiker

After thinking about it some more today, I think that I am going to pass on this bike. It isn't because I do not like the bike, but I think that I want something a lot newer, and does not have the tour pak on it and a lot less miles. Yes, I can remove all of that but then I have to store it. More chance of it getting it ruined. I think that this bike will be around for awhile though.
  10. Chrome

Chrome New Member

I too like the RK over the shovel....personal preference!!
  11. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Do whet ya want - but I think the OL would a lot happier on this bike than the shovel - that rear seat is made to keep them quite.LOL
  12. hotroadking

sarge don't you mean happy?
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Naw - If their on the bike their happy - now ya just have to keep em quite so you can be happy. I like to listen to the bike talkin to me not the OL when I'm on the road - also with silence from the back seat ya can hear the radio better.:roflmao::roflmao:
  14. hotroadking

how many dents ya got in the back of the helmet LOL
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Gotten a few in mine over the years before she started riding her own. Remember one time she was reading a book and fell asleep, dropped the book and no I didn't go back for it. :D
  16. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

My granddaugther falls asleep on every ride over 2 hours and ya I do have a bunch of dents in my skid lid.LOL - But I know shes safe with the bat wing armrests so she won't fall off.