1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A big opps

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Sep 1, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

got back yesterday from a weekend jaunt.....went to tyler to ride with some friends. i wrecked the bike, and we got some roadrash. nothing broken but our good time. i was able to put the bike into a somewhat running order to ride back to the house, about 200 miles. one of the other riders may have a broken bone in his leg, he will get it checked out tuesday...he rode with me all the way back. layed around yesterday, and am a bit more stoved up today...rib hurts a bit, and leg is swelled from where i hit the crash bar.....other than that all is pretty good. got the bike on the lift today and started checking it over,,,,,i think the trees or tube may be tweeked a bit....as the right passing lamp is back 1 1/2 inches from the left, with no hits or scratches. it could be a combo of both tubes. the bike pulled a bit comming home, but i attributed it to the wind.....will know more later.....y'all stay safe out there......i think the gremlin bell was working, as it could have been a lot worse!!!!! we were traveling about 25/30 when i got on the brakes. when i went down the bike slid maybe 5 feet....so the speed was cut dramaticly........:)

Attached Files:

2. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Ouch! Was your wife with you? That really sucks. I'm glad you're able to tell us about it though. I'm sorry to hear that. :(
  3. chucktx

yes she was with me, and got some roadrash also......thanks,,,,glad to be here telling about it!!!:)
  4. duke76

duke76 New Member

Glad to hear your not banged up to bad. What happened did you rear end someone? You say another rider may have a broken leg, how many people were involved? Todd
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Damn Chuck, that ain't good! Glad you and the wife are Ok!! Hopefully you can get the bike back in shape soon. Also hope your other rider is Ok too...
  6. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

sorry to hear that, glad your ok! what was the cause for the laydown?
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Ouch, Glad you're OK
  8. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Sucks about the bike,:mad: but it can be fixed. Main thing is that both you and the wife are here to tell us about it. Hope the other rider is doing well also. Wishing ya well for a speedy recovery, and keep us posted on the bike repair.:cool:
  9. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Oh no Chuck, so sorry to hear about your crash! So glad you and your wife are okay.
  10. chucktx

the last time i went down was over 30 years ago......light scraping on that one also.......big time driver error...a bit of bar hopping and traveling on an unknown road a bit to fast.....didnt make a corner!!!!
    this time was following3 bikes, narrow 2 lane country road, lead bike missed the turn, second didnt, 3rd bike was watchin the lead bike, braked hard, caught me also......got around the 3rd bike, hit his turnsig, tried to cut back as the 2nd bike,,a sidehack.. was turning left. caught the hack,with wheel cut hard to right, brake on......down we went......again, as with all accidents, driver error was the main factor.....just glad there wasnt any speed involved........:)
  11. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I really hate to hear this and to see your beautiful paint job messed up. I'm sure you'll be back on the road soon. It's amazing how fast things can go in the toilet:( .
  12. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Ok that is it, I am tired of hearing about friends going down this weekend. Chuck I am so sorry for your bike man, but really glad you and your wife are "ok".

I had two local friends crash Friday. One is busted up pretty badly. Hit the side of a pickup and went over the bed of it. His wife got some rash, he lost half his left pinky finger, major cut up his left arm and busted his pelvis in half. Second friend was down in Arkansas and hit a dog and went down. LOTS of rash but nothing broke (for sure yet maybe some fingers). This is getting to be too common of news for me and I don't like it, don't like it at all.

Again Chuck I am glad you and your wife faired pretty well, and sorry for your scooter man. Heal well and quickly, I am sure the bike will be back better than ever before too long.

You guys are sure making me see just how blessed I was to only bend metal and scrape paint.
  13. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

Crashin Sucks.. Glad you and the wife are OK Chuck. Bike doesn't look too bad, you'll be up and runnin again in no time, rest up,heal up and take care.
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Man that does suck big time , good side your both alright & thats good to here , I have no dought your ride is being fixed /worked on right now Just take it easy for a few days then get back to work at your own pace
  15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

:eek: Sorry to hear about your wreck. Seems quite a few of us have tumbled this year, but at least we're all still able to ride. Heal yourselves up fast....
  16. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Sorry to hear that dude... I'm sure all will be well man...:)
  17. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Ouch.

I hope all folk recover well and the bike(s) are all fixed up soon.

It is never good when this sort of thing happens, but as stated it was all at low speed and nobody got really badly hurt. But yeh, get well.
  18. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

Iam glad you and your wife are OK It could have been worse
    Heal fast and I hope your back on the road soon.:)
  19. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Chuck I think I have the front fender light , If I do your more then welcome to it , I'll double check tomorrow & get back to ya
  20. chucktx

thanks cowboy.....it appears that mine dont work anymore!!!!! lol