1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A Very Sad Day Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 10, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I just came back from our HD dealer and learned that one of the salesman Roger who was a good friend of mine and have known him for many years. He took his own life while sitting next to his girl friend last night. His girl friend Stephanie who I've known longer than Roger knew her was also a good friend. I simply do not understand it, I'm still in shock and can't understand why. Poor Stephanie is now with her parents today, I can't even imagine the horror she went through last night. Very sad
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wow...ya just never know what is going on inside a person.........sorry to hear this.
  3. FLHTbiker

Everybody in the dealership and in our HOG chapter is just shocked by this. I told the wife that today is a new day and he won't be here to see it or realize that a new day brings new changes and new feelings. Ending your life to prove a point is very sad and very stupid. His girl friend Stephanie will have emotional scars now probably for years to come if not the rest of her life. When I see her I'll make sure to put my arms around her and let her know I care and am there for her. Just a senseless waist.
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

This is very sad, in my long life I have known several people who have done this senseless thing. In my case it started with my younger brother back in “83”. They make victims of everyone who knew them and are left behind wondering WTF happened here. You don’t get over it you just learn to deal with it. I’ll put you and Stephanie on my prayer list.
  5. FLHTbiker

His sister came into the dealership today and had to clean out his locker. What he did was not fair to a whole of people. I guess they don't consider that part into it.
  6. chucktx

im am sure they dont. ya dont even know what state of mind they are in! the only thing is that the leave here on their terms, the way they wanted to. not in an accident or other way. they choose the way out............
  7. FLHTbiker

He and his girlfriend were having problems and she was breaking up with him, so sitting right next to her he pulled a gun out, put it to his chest and pulled the trigger. That is what I found out today. A least he didn't shoot her also. Yea know tomorrow brings a new day and it could have looked differently for him had he let it. I didn't know he was in such a emotional state or I would have tried to help. Well, it just suck that he did this.
  8. chucktx

ya, that really sucks. as you said, he didnt take her with him. i have never met a woman that was worth taking my own life.
  9. FLHTbiker

Nope
  10. Studds

Studds Active Member

That is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people he left behind.
  11. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Today is the 27th anniversary of my bother taking his life. It is still just as fresh in my mind as it was then. It broke my Moms heart. I had no idea he would something like that, we had had lunch together that very same day and he seemed fine.
    :confused: :(
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

When I was in high school, there was a real popular person that his own life, he was 2 years younger than I was. I didn't know him all that well, but we talked frequently about unimportant things, his brother is my age. Huge shock when that happened, family had no idea. WHY?
  13. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Marc, I'm sorry for Stephanie, you and all family and friends of Roger. That's a sad deal. I'm not a fan of suicide, can't really understand how someone could actually do it but that's for brighter minds to figure out. A long time ago a friend of mine shot himself thru the head. Stephanie is going to need some help getting thru this.
  14. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

I have know 2 people in my life that have committed suicide. Still don't understand it. "That is a permanent solution to a temporary problem" Thats a good point. I can see if you have a terminal disease or something like that but a healthy person just throwing their life a way like that over a girl? or vise versa. what a waste.
  15. FLHTbiker

His services are Thursday and looks like a large turnout will be there on bikes. He is being buried at the Willamette National Cemetery.
    Man I'll have gone to two friends funerals this year and both involved a girl friend, that sucks.
  16. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

FLHTbiker, Sorry bout your friend. I've been to a few funerals but none are sadder then the ones for suicides. I had 2 friends go like this; the first was understandable since he was screwed up for a long time; the second one was a total shock - a young beautiful, funny, smart girl. It's something that I will never understand, and the people real close to her where mad at her for it,,, strange feelings all the way around.

I was watching this video about people who jump off the Golden Gate Bridge. This one guy who survived it said that when he jumped he was real sad for a long time and knew that jumping was what he wanted to do, but the second he jumped he realized that this was for real and he really didn't want to die. So he tried to hit the water in a standing position and broke his back but lived to tell about it. He says to this day he still is bipolar and has deep depressions but he knows for sure he'll doesn't want to die anymore.

It just make you wonder how many people really don't want to die they just think the do.
  17. chucktx

is that a military cemetery?????
  18. FLHTbiker

I've always said that tomorrow is a new day and a new day brings new hope and new feelings. Wished he would have let there be another day. Don't understand it at all. But I think your right if they had a second chance they would most likely not do it, such a wast isn't it.
  19. FLHTbiker

I know, and yes it is.
  20. 05glide

05glide New Member

Sorry to hear about Roger. Thirteen years in police I worked many suicides but it never really hit home until a cousin too his live. Not much one can do or say but please be supportive of the family and if you see it is dragging you down talk to your friends to seek advice. I hope his girlfriend is doing well too.