1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A warning.......

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by chucktx, Jul 29, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

a warning to definately heed, kinda like r-12 when they just opened the system to atmosphere and a car in the next bay----shazam---- mustard gas.
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

When in the military we had to go into a enclosed room and use tetrachloride cleaner for injector cleaning. Almost past out one time from the fumes but you know the Military they don't give a **** as your just an enlisted man and your expendable. I wonder some times if there has been any side effects that lingered on.
  4. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Thanks for the "heads-up" Chuck !! I've used brake cleaner many times, but always outside, just for brakes & it evaporates very quickly, so I never thought about the effects of it.

Electrical contact cleaner & carb cleaner come to mind too - they also evaporate very quickly, so if you don't spray yourself in the face, what's to worry about? I'll change that attitude right now & read the product labels more carefully !!
  5. whacker

whacker Active Member

Thanks for the warning...I use brake cleaner alot...Never knew I could get sick or die from useing it......
  6. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Another thanks, I use carb and brake cleaner for cleaning stuff besides what they are intended to be used for. Think I'll change my attitude on doing that. Again thanks for the heads up.
  7. Ted

Ted New Member

Thanks Chuck
    I have a tig machine. That was a good read.
    Ole Ted.
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep A big thank's for this one , I just around to reading sure glad I did , I will also my sure my son' read it as we both have done it before ,but no more