1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

A wet friday

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jan 19, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

yesterday the temps got up to about 42 degrees in the afternoon and had a 60% chance of rain!! tempting fate i went fishing. got on the lake at 7am,(sam rayburn) in east texas. it was 34 degrees with a bit of a drizzle. nice!!! :rolleyes: i was helping a couple of fellas prefish for a tournement this weekend. we had two boats. i had a great day of fishing,,,caught 2 limits and didnt fish hard. was off the lake by 2 pm...my largest was nearly 6 lbs and smallest was about 2lbs. at 2pm i was ready to get off the lake....my hands and feet were a frozen block of ice....and the rain had really settled in at around noon. running on the lake at 60 at those temps, and rain.....well, kinda like on a bike!!! sept i didnt have a full face shield:( took about 2 hrs to thaw me out. but all in all, a great time!! i sure am glad i wasnt fishing the tourny today, with the weather like it was......
  2. RKBud

RKBud Active Member

Chuck,
    Well, I had to work so I couldn't go fishing on Friday. That sounds like a nice day of fishing. Do you know a guy named Ed Snellson? He grew up around there and does some guide fishing. Oh well, Some have all of the luck. However, I did go ride today. Temp was in the lower 40s with 10-15mph wind. I'm new to riding and cold temps but my clothes did the trim,,,except for the fingers...maybe heated gloves?
    Chucktx I sure enjoy your photos and look forward to seeing the next.:)
  3. chucktx

welcome buddy, glad your here!!! have fun....the rest of us do!!!!!!!!!:)
  4. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

gloves

hey buddie, go to cabela's.com check out there ice fishing gear. or try a snowmobile web site. i use my ice fishing gear, parka,bibs,boots and gloves when it gets cold. just make sure that the gear is wind proof. the one pair of gloves i have are a nylon canvas outside. the wind blows right through, i have a pair of liners that i wear inside of a gauntleted leather fleece lined mitten. all most to warm somedays. if i move around to much between getting dressed and riding i get to sweating, then i get cold anyway.
  5. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I'm in hermiston Oregon right now worked today in wind (not wyoming style but wind never the less) 14 degrees thismorning and worked out in it all day wiring equip. (no gloves) dang it was cold. so sorry if fishing in the cold doesn't sound appealing.
  6. chucktx

im not into fishing in the cold either......but a friend needed a little help......so, i froze......:) but had a good time overall!!!