1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Af nurse

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Aug 6, 2010.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

had a great talk with chris today. he is doing really good, but not enjoying the heat of louisiana......:) the family in montana is doing good. his daughters horse died....old age and cancer....he was llike 24 yrs. old. he will most llikley ship out around the first part of sept. said he will try to keep us informed of what is happening.........he sounded good also......
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for the update Chuck. If you speak to him again before he ships out let him know everyone here is thinking of him and sends a huge THANK YOU.
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yes, thanks for the update,
  4. chucktx

will do!!!
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yes thank's for the up date , & Tell him Thanks for all he does for all of us ,& sorry to here about his daughters horse
    PS let him know we have some of that same heat here in tx
  6. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Hey guys! had a couple minutes and jumped onto the computer this evening! Thanks for all the well wishes!

Not a CLUE as to the temps here in Tiger Land, Ft. Polk LA....HOT HOT HOT, with a HUGE FLOOD of HUMIDITY.... This weather is the exact reason that I enjoyed moving to Montana! Anyway..... Today was in the classroom....learning about such cool things as the M-2, 50 cal machine gun, the M-249 or SAW (squad assault rifle, 5.56mm belt fed, air cooled, gas operated machine gun), the M-240B or the replacement to the M-60 of yester-year (7.62 belt fed, air cooled, gas operated), and the MK-19 belt fed automatic (machine gun) grenade launcher. Tomorrow we get to go out and SHOOT all of these! THAT should be a fun time! This week overall should be fun....other then the heat. Had a low key weekend...didn't do much except laundry. Only a few more weeks here, then off I go!! hope everyone has a great day!
  7. chucktx

hey chris!!!!! one of things i miss, getting to shoot all kinds of neat firearms!!!!!! have fun with it!!!! stay safe, but have a bit of fun!!!!
  8. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

good to hear from you AFnurse, I remember shooting guided missles from a tank that was way cool, have fun tomorrow and like chuck said stay safe.
  9. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

HELLO AF NURSE!! Thanks for everything that you do and please come back safe. Keep our guys healthy all that you can, I am sure you will!!! :D
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Hay AFnurse - good to hear from you - That weather down there is a sample of what you get on the other side. Stay safe and keep us posted.
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

AFnurse, I hope shooting all those firearms is not a clue to where you'll be heading once you get there. God, those bastards just shot a Christian medical team and two sailors so please don't go someplace that will put you in harms way unless you got a brigade with you. stay safe man, keep in touch.
  12. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Hi Chris! Remember to tell us where to send the cookies :D
  13. AFNurse

I don't know exactly where I am going, but I will be in Injun country.... and I will be running around with little support (no brigade travel here!) I am going in as part of a small team doing combat advising..... As a nurse, I may be assisting in teaching/guiding them on their medical systems...but don't know the details yet. I will be outside the wire much of my time this time..... risk is much greater then 2007 when I was in Iraq.
  14. FLHTbiker

Can you retire before you go, might be the best thing.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The m60 off yester-year was fun to use & you always had someone to talk to , My carrer was cool & could feed a belt faster then anyone else in the area I once ask him how/why he fed so fast & he told **** I'am making sure we both go home on our feet ,We both did just that
    As for the heat don't know what to say except drink more water :D
    are they teaching you guys how to duck fast & move ? if not practice it on your own that was a safety tip
    Good hereing from you
  16. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

All those guns and all that amo ....... I think one nu-clear war head should do it, maybe two.:roflmao:

Hey Chris, Hope you get home safe.

I think we'll be there forever. It seams like they're like ants and we just don't seam to have enough Raid.
  17. FLHTbiker

Like Cowboy said, duck lots but most importantly....come back safe.:)

My younger brothers son Jim Gibson is heading over there soon. He is a E-5 or 6 and a Ranger now. You might cross paths someplace.
  18. AFNurse

retirement is on the horizon at 29 Feb 16.

I will be very much into the Duck and Cover option as it is needed.... I have not been raised as a fool, BUT will do what has to be done when it needs to be..... I have FULL anticipation of coming home in one piece!!! Don't really need the silver star, bronze star (with or without V device), or purple heart...while I respect those that have one or all, I have seen too many of them given post humanness... don't want/need that!

Don't worry, when I have an address, I will post it up!
  19. AFNurse

Morning everyone! Lazy day projected today...slept in, now on the computer for a bit, then may go to gym and work out....then plan to go to the movie theater and see "The Last Airbender". Should be a good day. Last week was fun with all the ranges. Yesterday, I went and watched another class doing their advanced medical lane..... I am SO happy that I could watch it and not do it! This next week is Language and culture again, then we have urban combat ops on friday....starting friday, we will be almost completely outdoors until the end of training. They moved up and compressed our training so we graduate thursday 2 Sept, however, I still don't know when I fly overseas...... if there are enuf days, I COULD take leave and go home, but called wife and we discussed it.... Daughter is just now starting to get into the groove of me not being there, I would visit after her first week of school and be there for her second week of school....then would leave again. Would take her most of the semester to get back on track. Not to mention, that the cost of tickets, refundable/changeable, short notice, from podunk airport to podunk airport is WAY too expensive......SO, that means that no matter how long it is from when I graduate to when I fly, I will be here at Fort Polk.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  20. chucktx

thanks for the update chris!!!! i imagine going home would mess up the daughters "groove"...glad your getting some free time for yourself.....stay safe and have some fun!!