1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

AF Nurse

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, May 14, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i finally got to meet this fella, face to face. we met in a bass pro shop in houston. what a great guy....and a hard rider.....his bike is as dirty as mine!! lol lol.....
    i am proud to know him and forever thankfull for what he does for us in his military capacity!!:cheers:
    his good nature and class is not as visible in print as it is in person.....i am glad i got to meet another bike talk member.....and it seems that all members are first class!!!!!
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Really cool Chuck!
  3. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Chuck..... you wern't supposed to print all that....people may get the wrong impression of me!! ;) I talked to the wife, and she thinks it would be fun to visit! NOW, if we can get the schedules to fall into place with the moon, stars, planets, and antying else that needs to be..... I am thinking that maybe when the tank and tour pak are done, maybe we can come out on a weekend to pick it up! (in the van...). Bike ride today was right AT 400 miles...left the house at 0730, home at 1610, and had 2-3 hours of "play time" at the bass pro shop...dam, if only I had more green!!! :D Let me know if you are ever planning to come SA direction...door is always open and have an extra bed!

Oh, and maybe, someday..you will catch me with a "clean" bike... course, that is unlikely, as if it is nice enuf to clean, that means it is nice enuf to RIDE!!! :cheers:

oh ya....chuck....have you gone to my website to check out the europe pics yet??!!
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i went to your site....quite a neat place in cyber spaceya got there.....tried to sign the guest book, but got an "internal server error"....
    how does that fold up garage work?? pretty stable in a wind??
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I need to trouble shoot the guestbook thing..... not sure what is going on with that.

The CycleShelter was GREAT while I was in Germany... Had no garage, and only had asphalt parking lot..... Put a couple bricks in the corners to "hold it down" when the bike was not in it....worked VERY well... I put the revco center stand on my bike (not sure you saw that!) and that helped it fit BETTER...fit before, but had to pull in ALL the way to one side so the side stand would flair and it would still fit...center stand....pull in and pull the top over!!! was GREAT. Sold it to a buddy of mine that was GOING to Germany since he May have run into the same problem and helps protect the bike. Kept all snow, and most rain (short of the 1.5 inches lip) from coming in. And didn't have the same issues as bike bags....since nothing ever touched the bike! I actually bought some door mats to help protect the floor of it!!

what was that other site you were talking about?? PM/email/call(tomorrow) me if you want!