1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

aftermarket exhaust for 2005 bigdog chopper

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by EGlide, Dec 30, 2004.

1. EGlide

EGlide New Member

CD/Sam,
    Sorry I did not get a chance to talk with you today. Sam thanks for the call back, I selfishly took off for a ride. I hope the new web site kicks off with no problems.
    I took delivery of my custom ordered 2005 Bigdog Chopper. Unfortunately, My 2002 Harley Bagger exhaust rocks compared to my stock BD Chopper, even with the awesome 117. I have to give a big thank you to you guys for helping me decide on the "right" pipes for my bagger. Hooker true duals are the way to go for an EFI Bagger!
    I request your technical assistance again. My chopper has the Baker 6 speed right side drive. The stock exhaust is from Super trapp. The bike runs fine, but is too quiet!
    I am looking for options and ideas to IMPROVE the sound.
    Can I replace the baffles?
    what aftermarket pipes will fit this application?
    Any members who have modified or replaced their stock BD exhaust, what did you change to?
    Thanking you all in advance , and wishing all you a Happy New Year,
    Mike :D
  2. jim n

jim n New Member

exhaust for 2005 Big Dog Chopper

Mike, I just read an atricle regarding this topic in the Big Dog website. On the right hand side there is an article from Thunder, dated November 30. About half way down the article the exhaust system is addressed. Big Dog is aware of the shortcomings of the stock exhaust and have a replacement available called the mean mothers. I'm sure your dealer will get a set for you.
  3. Coonass

Coonass New Member

EGlide, I own an 04 BD Chopper with the 107 eng. I have a set of Samson Sinners that I used for about 6 months. These pipes are duals that follow the curve of the frame and exit at the rear wheel and point down at the ground. Although they look great on the bike and sound especially good, I noticed a drop in power tooling around town and they always blew dust and dirt all over me and the bike. Anyone following behind me also got sandblasted from roaddirt.
    Now I have the stock head pipes with enverision cones {torque cones} in them and a stainless steel straight pipe on the end of the head pipes. Sounds real good with great power in town and on the highway.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Bassani Pro Streets would look and work very well on that motor
  5. formsetter

formsetter New Member

big dog exhaust

the factory pipes do suck but if you take off the muffler and heat shield
    you can knock out the plugs that are robbing your power and making it sound like a lown mower all you need is a3/4"x24" bar and a hammer
    after you do this it will sound great and run alot better too
    i also went up one size on my pilot jet too