1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ah my son comes around

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by ironhorse, Jan 3, 2008.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

right now I'm between bakersfield and fresno for a week stopped in at the bakersfield h-d and won't go back which brings me to my comment was out vacationing in kansas down wichita way and stopped at the dealer there, great place nice folks there, then stopped at the hays dealer these folks although they deal in buells they were a key player in the interests of my oldest son not wanting a crotch rocket any more, he is now wanting a sportster 1200, I was glad to see the dealer talking to my son and not to me as he was the customer, he explained every thing that my son could conger up and more. I walked out of there pleased as punch my wife was ok with him on his own scoot( she was against it ) I don't have to worry about a rocket (instant death sentance for a young man with no fear) and my son now understands the concept of comfort can look cool too.( a mirror, and the understanding the chicks dig a young man on a harley) we are now starting to shop for a sportster maybe around spring after he gets all his courses and training done he will be able to afford one then what fun and worry I shall have
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Good for you and him! I'm glad he came to his senses before he had to crash on a crotch rocket to learn. Chicks love guys on Harleys, 'cept me of course cuz I'm old and ugly! :roflmao: Anyway, good luck with the search!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is great, and glad that the dealer was able to help him in his decision. i am also happy to hear he is going to take the course.....as far as chicks diggin sporties AKA....piglets......there is some proof following!!!!!!:)

Attached Files:

• 16.jpg
      16.jpg
      File size:
      33.9 KB
      Views:
  4. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

That dirty *%#&!&#%*&#$^%*&*# :rant: . I knew that lousy jerk that had my Sporty first took something important off it. Mine sure didn't have features like the pic you posted Chuck. :banghead: Always my luck. :D

Hey Ironhorse glad to hear your son stepped away from those crotch rockets. Never did see the big thrill with those things. Yeah they are fast and all that, but they have no soul.
  5. tjandt3

tjandt3 New Member

Awesome for you and your son

I rode a rice rocket in college because I could afford it. So, to head off my son doing to same thing I did, I bought him a 99 FXDL(the year he was born). He rides a honda 50 now to learn the controls and then when he gets his license I will let him ride with me.

It is always nice to get the family involved. My 2 brothers and dad get together once a year for a 7-10 day ride. Most of the time it is to either Laconia(they live in Maine) or Myrtle.

Take care and ride safe.
  6. JohnnyReb

JohnnyReb New Member

Cain't go wrong with the Sporty

So glad to understand that the dealership actually had a positive influence on your boy. Good to know that they weren't tryin' to ramrod somethin' down his throat, just educatin'.

Good on you. I hope that my younguns develope an interest in the fine art of flappin' your knees in the breeze, and for all the right reasons....ridin' with their Pappy! :D
  7. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

If you go back into that Hayes Dealership, step into the service department and say hello to Spencer. A damn fine wrench and a very personable biker. Tell him "DAD" said hello. Glad your boy found a better way to travel than a crotch rocket. They're downright uncomfortable after the first 40 miles.
  8. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

i would but I am in california right now an won't be back there for a while,