1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ahhhh Revisted!!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 15, 2013.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Today I got outside and got my garage cleaned up, leaves and all and set up ready to reassemble my Road Glide. In the meantime, it is 35* outside, but I just couldn't resist, I had to fire the Sportster up and of course, I had to take it for a ride. Man did that feel good. this first ride is only about 1 month overdue. Man, does that thing still pull really hard!!! Now it is just a matter of day and the Glide will be rolling down the road.. :cool::D
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ya wasted a day riding when wrenching was to be done lol
  3. JohnnyBiker

No. I had to bring the bike outside anyways. Figured I go for a short spin. LOL:D
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

you did better then I did I just sat where the seat should be & turned on the fan temps where a bad 82 & humid so the fan help
  5. JohnnyBiker

Just blowing hit air around. :D
  6. JohnnyBiker

Well, since there is no wrenching to be done right at the moment, I thought that I take the Sportster out and give it a good workout. I do have to change the primary tension show so there was a purpose behind the ride, other than the enjoyment of course. Man, I still get really happy when I wack the throttle on that bike and it moves really fast. :D I kinda like it!:cool: I have been looking at different ignitions for the Sportster for a long time and now that I have some experience with a different ignition like the DTT, I do think that the SE module that I have on it needs to go. I remember a graybeard that goes by the name of RedNectum told me that the SE ignition had to go,

Cardboard, tell Ol' Red that he was right. :D
  7. JohnnyBiker

Today Hot Rider and I were able to get out and ride. Finally, a nice fuggen weekend to where there was no rain, although we did think that we were going to get wet so we put on our rain gear, then the fuggen sun came out in force..:roflmao:

Today was a short ride, only 210 miles but we were all over riding on back roads. I am like this, "hey, lets see where this road goes.":cool: Best kind of riding I think. just a great day of riding.:cool:
  8. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Cool! Glad you got out and rode. Did you two-up or did HR ride the Sporty, or maybe the Suzi?

Monday, I have a Northern California run to do. I'm going to avoid roads we may take, to keep them fun. Don't know what day I'll be back, s'posed to do some visiting and fishing. Waiting to hear if my son is gonna ride with me - it is almost 300 miles to the destination. Very little freeway, just about 30 miles total for the route I'd take. Still, for him that is a long ride on the DR - it ain't near as comfy as my 'King.

Tomorrow is kayaking on a local lake and BBQ. Father's Day. Hope yours is at least as good!
    :cheers:
  9. JohnnyBiker

Kim and I rode two up. I figured that we need to do that as mich as possible now that our trip is soon coming. :D

A Northern California trip eh? STAY OFF OF CALIFORNIA 36!!!!:rant: That road is reserved for you, your wife, Hot Rider and I. :D I hope the your boy goes with. He needs to learn from the best. Nothing like learning from the ol' man right? :cool:
  10. JohnnyBiker

After Whiplash has been sitting for a little while because of stripped out derby cover, I finally got it back together and running. I just got back from a short in town ride and that thing is just plain and simply fun. Nothing like returning to your first love. :roflmao:

Whip was down for a a little bit because I changed the tension shoe. The clutch adjustment wasn't right so I had to go back it and readjust, well, in the mean time I stripped out the derby cover. I put a heli coil in and everything is as good as new. Too bad that I do think that the days are numbered for Whip in her current configuration. As I once mentioned before, it will become a hardtail. Now that I have a lift on the way, better tools, and more knowledge, and that Hot Rider is close to having her own bike, I do think that the planning stage must start again. :D
  11. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

Fat rear tire conversion I guess? Only one reason to become a hard tail . 200 rear tire?
  12. JohnnyBiker

Right on brotha!! Springer front end too, different tank, bigger engine. :D
  13. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

put that bitch on an air bag and adapt a wide swing arm and have tghe look and still keep the suspension?
  14. JohnnyBiker

This will be intended for show only. Maybe! :roflmao:
  15. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Show ONLY bikes should be made from Styrofoam. JMO
  16. JohnnyBiker

Ahhh, out riding the Sportster again and I stopped for a soda, standing by Whip and there like 5 people that all gave compliments on her. Just wait until it is a show bike. :D:cool:
  17. JohnnyBiker

today was one those screw around type day getting a little bit of this and a little bit of that done. One thing that I did manage to get done was I took the Sportster out for a ride. I had that bike going 110mph and man was that fun. I don't think that I need to worry that this bike doesn't have enough power. It does. :D I can pull 80 in 4th gear. Now that is nice.