1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Air cleaner cover

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Buy, Sell, Trade or Wanted' started by chucktx, Jul 9, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im looking for an aircleaner cover. needs to be 8inch round with a hole in the center for mounting. condition not critical as if it is too scratched up i will just paint it.....thanks
  2. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Are you looking for the regular round one that was used on all the Evo's? I probably have one... or 10 :rolleyes: I think I also have the revtech version that came with many Mikuni carbs.
  3. chucktx

thanks ken.....this is the requirements, as i will probably do a bit of fabbing.....minimum 7 3/4 inch inside dia. i can put the hole in it. i am installing it on a ness stage2 aircleaner. they are narrower at the carb than at the outside. opposite of the stage1
  4. kenfuzed

I'll take a look at what I have. Not sure I follow about the hole, are you talking about the center hole where it mounts to the filter? I have one of those Stage 2 big sucker filters laying around that I can match it up to.
  5. chucktx

thanks ken, and yes the hole is for mounting.....just one in the center....
  6. kenfuzed

Hey Chuck, I found some covers and sent you a PM about them.
  7. fxdxsteve

fxdxsteve Active Member

I have the stage 2 big suck setup also I have the big chrome bell cover you can have I made my cover out of quarter inch chromed aluminum diamond plate that I painted with black textured header paint rustoleum I think.I just turned a piece of it on my latheI drilled and countersunk i hole in the middle an then spun it and cut it the bell you can see in my avatar I just put a pic of my current cover in my gallery

steve
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2007