1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Air cleaners

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by vcj5864, Feb 2, 2008.

1. vcj5864

vcj5864 New Member

Anyone have knowledge or experience with Hawg' Breath assembly? Is there a better option for a '01 88 twin cam with thunder header?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I havent heard of hawg breath , I run the SE filter in my 03 E glide been there for about 2+ years now just wash & dry & go
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have not heard of that brand either.....i run a arlen ness big sucker with great results....and no oil seepage to the bottom of the air cleaner either!!:)
  4. 00 wildglide

00 wildglide New Member

What type/style filter is it?
    I also run a Arlen Ness Big Sucker stage I filter set-up.I think some of those intricate filter/backing plate set-ups are great for show but daily drivers need to keep it simple(JMO).:p
    The Big Sucker kit is easy to install,all of the hardware comes with it,& most of all, it does what it's intended to do.
    I've had all kinds of air cleaner set-ups $$$:banghead: ,The simple one worked best for me.:D
    Good luck! 00 wildglide:cool:
  5. dukeofdirt

dukeofdirt New Member

Let me toss my 2 cents in...I've had great experiences with K&N products on
    my bikes and cars/trucks. My '04 Roadking has the RK3909. Comes complete
    and very easy to install.
  6. vcj5864

vcj5864 New Member

My guy suggested a "Hyper-charger" instead of the Arlen Ness "Big Sucker". He says he likes it better and less $$$. (He sells both) He also suggested Power commander and dyno tune with the "Hyper-Charger to compliment the Thunder Header. Any thoughts? This is my first venture away from anything factory. I ride a lot (10k -15k / year) and just want a good running good sounding, good looking bike but nothing "radical". Saving that for the Bobber.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

one of my buddies has a hyper on his 01 RK & he likes it once they got it all set up right , had to change the intake , to get the vacume line hooked up & he rides a lot but says you have to watch it in the rain , the butter flys open up & can suck in some water my son has one on his custom & we got cought in some heave rain two weeks ago & no trouble on his
    The power commader is a good thing to set your FI system right with the AC & pipe change do the dyno as well it will all come together then