1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Air Shock- Oil

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Apr 20, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I bought a set of 07 rear air shocks for my 03 E Glide & not knowing they had oil in them & some leaked out from the air line fitting , queston is what type oil can I use to put some back in ? The boots on my shocks tore some how Thats why I replaced them :banghead:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

was the oil thin????? if so i bet airtool oil would work.........that is what i would use if the stealer wouldnt know..................:)
  3. duke76

duke76 New Member

There is special air shock oil, they make different weight viscosity oil, for different stiffness shocks, Todd
  4. cowboy

Thank's Both chuck & Todd yes the oil is very fine / thin , I 'am still tryingto find out about many C C's each shock will hold , I think it would'nt be any more then a front end ,
    Chuck the stealer said they just replace shocks if they leak no matter what , That was Stubb's , As there open on Monday's now
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Could drain the one that hasn't dripped into a measuring cup, then put it back in the shock,

Drain the other one, check for cc difference and add the amount you need to even it up.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

wrong answer from stubbs......as your seal didnt leak, you spilled it. try another stealer today, ya might get an answer..............:)
  7. cowboy

Thank's HRK , I did'nt even think about doing that :banghead: & it will be the same type oil in the new shocks as the guy said he only had about 500 miles on the bike them change them to the high dollar ones & just let these lay on there side in a plastic bag & i got them for the $50 A bit cheeper the the stealer