1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Air Suspension

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by seabee, Sep 25, 2012.

1. seabee

seabee Active Member

I have a 99 Ultra Classic with air suspension and have a question. I have just recently purchased the bike and as a result am going over things, had a front end wobble at low speed, 15lbs of air in the front tire and no air in the front suspension. The air lines are separate for the front and rear and are filled manually with an air hose. The hoses are routed just as the manual says. What is the air gauge on the dash for? It appears to have an air compressor on board, neither the owners manual or the shop manual say any thing about it. Does it have a use that I am not aware of?:confused:
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

That's a after market item , it should mounted either under the seat Or one of the side panels , unless its a bigger unit & in the tour pack
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I would call the previous owner and question him/her...I would also bump up my front tire pressure from 15 to 36 lbs...15 is way too low...Mine is a stock air suspension and I run 12-15 lbs in the air shocks...