1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Al Gore come back out of the Woodwork

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, May 7, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. steveb

steveb Active Member

Al Gore should come to Minnesota right now and talk to us about global warming. We had 20+ inchs of snow the last two weeks of April. It is the second week of May and we have had 1 day above 70 degrees. The ice is still on some lakes and the fishing opener is this weekend. So he can take his global warming and a handful of sand and stick that where the sun don't shine.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

the man is a joke.....i cant understand why so many follow his beliefs. i think he is an idiot!!
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I'll just agree with you chuck , or all anyone will see is all the little dots:D
  5. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Well, I'm not so sure that extra cold weather isn't the flip side of the problem. It's May in NYC and I'm bundled up. I've never worn a scarf or hat in May in my life. I'm no expert, but dumping endless amounts of sh&t everywhere can't be good for the eco system.

Al Gore sounds buffoonish at times, but may have a point. Even if he's wrong, going green is good for business and creates jobs. Still, I wish they'd get rid of the friggin' Ethanol in my gas, or at least give me the choice.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Al Gore is full of it and has no point other than self-enrichment and agrandizement. He's made MILLIONS on the fraud of "carbon offsets" already. He has no point because he promotes the lie that man-made carbon dioxide is heating the Earth. Never forget that it is we peasants who need to change our consumption of energy, not him or his acolytes.

No one is for real pollution - unnecessary and significant collateral damage to our environment that degrades our quality of life. But when the definition of pollution becomes one's lawful pursuit of happiness, one's freedom or one's survival then I say Go, Pollution!

Have you noticed the volcanic eruptions in Hawaii and Chile lately? They dwarf Man's contribution to "greenhouse" gases. They will also result in some global cooling - how much is to be seen, but it is very likely to be significant in the Southern Hemisphere first. So unless we start corking volcanoes, we need to put this global-warming-climate-change B.S. into proper perspective. Compared to volcanoes and the Sun, Man's contribution the global climate change is like a fart in the Superdome.
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

What kind of fart, the quiet sneaky ones or the big arse loud thunder farts!

It's been shown that much of the hoo haa on Global Warming is nothing more than a money grab for scientists and many including AL Bore cashed in big on this from the movie to credits.

In fact Ol Al's papa was one of the biggest poluters in the USA when he was in the Coal bidne'ss

The earth goes through cycles naturally, to take 40 years of tracking and apply to a billion years of life is absurd.

In fact methane from cow emissions do more to increase greenhouse gases than all the cars in the USA so maybe we should work on stopping cow farts.
  8. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

That's why the tree huggers state we shouldn't eat meat ! We waste corn feeding it to cows.
  9. hotroadking

then someone should hook a hose up to the cows and let them naturally convert corn to methane, capture it and use it for fuel!

Gheez I just solved the fuel crisis and all we need is about 40 foot of hose and a tank to capture the gas per cow what's that $4?
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hmmmmmmmmmmmm think i need to get busy in the shop!!!!!!!!!!:)
  11. hotroadking

of course we will need to speed up the green card processing because no American will want to be the one that has to "insert" the hose!
  12. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I think I do my part....I recycle, not just because its the right thing to do but I have less garbage on garbage day. My wife calls me the recycling nazi because Im always telling her & the kids what is recycleable. Besides, its got to be more expensive & time consuming to make the materials, than recycle them. But Al Gore......I dont believe a thing that comes out of his pie hole.