1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Americade 2019

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by badinfluence63, Jun 7, 2019.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Back...235 miles. Best Part was the ride there and ride back. Saw an eagle eating a deer carcass. Went up rt 4 to 149. On the way back took 149 to 4 to 7 to 103 to 130. Shit ton construction on rt 103 just outside ludlow. That stretch of rt4 between ny border and rutland is 65mph. As roads go up here that stretch is real good.

Americade sucked. Use to could park in the free pasture, walk a 10th of a mile to a pretty big vendor site. Thats gone. The free parking is near a mile to the vendors which were mostly all there by ft william henry conference center. They Wanted 20$ A piece to park there. Not worth it for the short time we would be there.

Found a wicked cheap breakfast place in rutland. Johnny boys pancake house. Big ass plate of food for 7.59$. Couldn't eat it all.

Thought about it after but i should have rode up thursday and got a hotel. Was 81 and sunny. Will post pictures later.
  2. badinfluence63

3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

$20 to park, wow, Noo Yawk prices!

Heck I can park a block off Main Street during bike week
    free if you can find a spot on Main

Thats any day/night of the week for $5 in secured lot.
  4. badinfluence63

You could park on the side street if you could find a spot but it was still a bit of a walk. I think the objective was to get folks to pay the 20$ and be right next to the venue. 40$ in my case with wife. Not worth it for the 1 1/2-2 hours we'd be there.

So we rode around and found a nice silk screen tee shirt vendor. Discounted as it was end of the week of the rally. I got a nice hat for 12$.
    image.jpeg
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I haven't been there in a few years but back then many of the vendors went west of Lake George and set up. I don't recall the name of the town but parking was free and the atmosphere was pleasant not as commercial as Lake George has gotten over the years
  6. badinfluence63

There was a pretty large vendor area on the left as you are heading away from lake George on rt 149. It was over 2 miles out. Large front venue with vendors behind it too.
  7. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

That was probably the area FB was talking about,I was with him at the time.
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Stuff changes for sure, the big events also charge more for vendors, I know
    quite a few stopped coming (smaller) to daytona some because of the higher
    costs, perhaps a bit of the lower attendance, although theres still a ton of people
    there every year.