1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ammo

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 23, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Couldn't beleave it, ammo is getting more plentiful again. Was able to pick up 60 rounds for the old 30-40 Kraig today. :D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cool!!!!! 30/40's are nice!!!!!!!!!
  3. FLHTbiker

Yea it's in real nice condition to. :)
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya it's getting a bit Easer I got 4 boxes for my snub nose 38
  5. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

well aint that easy down south yet ! lots of folks near the city limits i guess . i live in the suburbs near davie when the gun and pawn gets his order in he gives me a call . still hard to get !!!!
  6. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I haven't bought ammo for awhile. Of Course all I have is a shot gun with a bird and slug barrel....
  7. FLHTbiker

Shotgun makes for a good home defence gun, wide pattern :D
  8. cowboy

YEP:D have a couple of them here , got the wife a pump 410 , just point & shoot & a wide spot of about 6-7 ft your hit :eek:
  9. FLHTbiker

Got a single 12, a pump 12 and a black powder 20 gauge. Thinking of cutting the barrel down on the single.
  10. cowboy

I have my sons brake down 20 single shot here as well it's old & about 3ft long or so , But shoots slugs real good :D
  11. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

I really like long guns, got a single 12, double barrel 16, couple pump 12s, one field grade, one turkey model, couple of bolt actions, one .270 Win, one .338 Win Mag, couple of muzzle loaders, one inline and one cap lock, one lever action 35 Rem, probably couple more not thinking of.
  12. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

I still have my old M-14 from Viet Nam. Works great and strangely, ammo is plentiful. Still have my service Colt 45 and 3 grenades that I brought home in my duffel bag. Walked right through San Francisco airport with all this hardware, and not a single question about it. But that was then........
  13. FLHTbiker

You and I would get along well as I to have a friggen arsenal here. 5 custom built flintlock muzzle loader rifles and 3 or 5 muzzleloading pistols. Several lever action, and a bunch of bolt action rifles. Plus the shotguns. Used to shoot a lot of competition for years.
  14. MountainCruiser

You remind me of my brother, I can't keep up with everything he has, is always changing. He is in to handguns mostly. Almost all my guns were bought with the idea of hunting them in mind. Mostly have used the .270 and cap lock on deer, and the two 12s and 16 on birds and turkey.

410 given to me by my grandparents, was over the door in their house along with a muzzle loader my grandmothers great grandaddy carried in Civil War. When you hold it, can't imagine someone had to go to war with that little weapon. Can't be over a 30 or 35 cal. Was probably some poor kids squirrel gun. The ram rod you can tell was carved from a tree limb... and that guy had to face an army with state of the arm guns for the time. Pretty wild! :gah:
  15. FLHTbiker

I used to also be into hunting and my rifles were mostly used for that. The Muzzle loaders were used for rendezvous and competition shooting. My favorites where my 444 for the coast hunting (lots of thick brush) and a 270 that I eventually sold for a 06. My dad and I also used to put in for black powder hunting season and took quit a few with a 54 cal. flintlock.
    Didn't tell you about all my handguns :rolleyes:
    Wonder if that ramrod of yours was made from hickory. Hickory was used a lot for ramrods and they had good straight grains. :)
  16. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I have an armory's worth, but - call me paranoid - I won't itemize 'em for the world to read about....just sayin'
  17. MountainCruiser

You know, that was in the back of my mind, thought I wa being paranoid!
  18. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Red has a strange and annoying way of being spot on.... But he is awesome....:D
  19. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

You sure you want the world in on all this info?
  20. FLHTbiker

Yea we all know you got a shotgun and Red has an arsenal, so, so what. :rolleyes: