1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

And Another

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, May 7, 2015.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Picked up another firearm. This time I picked up a Colt Mustang XSP. It reminds me of another Colt that I have. This one I will probably do some custom work to. ;)
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I had one of the originals when they were out in the late 70's early 80's and what a POS it was. It spent more time back at Colt than it did in my pocket, traded it off for the new Sig version After Sig took it over and redesigned it then it was a flawless pistol. Don't know about the new Colt Mustang just know the my Sig works very well. I now have a new Ruger 380 cal that is lighter in weight and also works flawlessly.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I had the sig 238 now have the 938. Both are nice
    Congrats on the colt
  4. JohnnyBiker

I have the Remora for my New Agent but haven't had a chance to really use it yet as I am waiting for my carry paperwork to clear.

I am not impressed with the Sig p238. Hot Rider and I just sent it back to Sig as there are a few things wrong so we need to get those issues addressed.
  5. FLHTbiker

Interesting as HRK (as far as I know) and myself have never had any issue with our Sig P238.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Lots of issues noted online, as with the P938. Not a biggy. Get it fixed and go from there.
  7. FLHTbiker

You'll find with any pistol that those who have an issue will always post online about it and those who don't just don't say much about them. Should have bought mine as its flawless.

I don't carry mine much anymore as the weight is as much or more than my 9mm Shield which has a better punch to it. I also like I said bought a Ruger 380 which is excellent especially in weight.
  8. hotroadking

Did you send it back to Sig
    what were the issues.
  9. JohnnyBiker

Yes. It's on it way back to Sig. Issues with returning to battery, stove piping and possibly feeding issues.
  10. FLHTbiker

That's what my Colt Mustang would constantly do and they never could get it working right. Became a paper weight so I traded it for my Sig P238 which like I said runs flawlessly.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Just messed with my sons AR-19 Pistol. Yes pistol. I'll try and get a photo of it. Very very cool. Cost $700 to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. hotroadking

W
    What ammo, if you are using inexpensive target loads or light self defense loads to break in it might be the problem
  13. JohnnyBiker

We have ran 90 grain and 95 grain through it and it does it on either. The gun really doesn't like PMC that's for sure. The manual makes no reference as to what ammunition to use. When I spoke with Sig, they themselves said that it should not matter what ammo goes through it. I thought the same thing, it does like 90 grain a little more but still same issues.
  14. JohnnyBiker

Research that I did on the Mustang indicated that at about 600 rounds one needs to change the recoil spring. IIRC I also believe that Colt is now recommending it in the manual.

Research also turned up for the p238 that there was a recall geared towards fixing the recoil spring issue. Also from searching online is that Sig has changed the magazine design a few times.

When you take your p238 down, is your recoil spring a round wire coil or is a flat wire coil?
  15. hotroadking

Been a while my 238's are all gone, sold and traded for others and now the 938
    I think the 938 has a long flat spring and it's a PIA to install, you have a few things you have to do to make it fit, but it fits...
  16. FLHTbiker

I have not even looked yet. I'll have to look at the spring tomorrow as I just finished the Oregon 500 and what a beautiful day it was but been up sense 3AM and going to get some sleep.
  17. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Dang !

My Dan Wesson ECO 45 is on my side and just shooting fine.
    Clean it and put FP-10 lub on it.