1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

And the badluck continues

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by badinfluence63, Aug 5, 2017.

1. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

whew..dodged abullet today. Lost water pressure last nite with a house full of people. 9 guest and no water. Plumber did not call me back so had to rough it(peeing outside). Called them up first thing in the morning owner apologized for not calling back. Came up personally ASAP and diagnosed the problem of a faulty 25 year old water pump. Sent two trucks and 2 workers over asap and had the old pump pulled,new one installed and back to normal. Water back by 3:30pm. Thank you Rick Dickinson of dickinson and son plumbing company. Been knowing Rick 25+ years now. Our sons played youth hockey together back in the day. Good man. Always hooks me up every time. A house without water is like camping,lol. And camping sucks. Now the grankds won't stop peeing outside.

Then later today got a nail straight in my rear driver side tire. Can't plug it,to close to the side wall. 260$ tire. Oh yeah,lol.

Other than that 1 more week with the 4 grandkids,son/wife move in to save money for a house. Yeah,not.

Did take oldest grand son for 20 mile bike ride on the back roads. I'm out of shape or maybe should have waited at least an hour after lunch?
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

That a peddle bike ride? My legs could take it, but not my other parts, ya know!
  3. badinfluence63

20 miles on a bicycle...are you kidding,lol...NFW. It was a motorcycle ride and the last few miles i was a smidge uncomfortable. I did just eat a big lunch just before we left. I mean stuffed.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Utilities, we have become accustomed to the better things in life like
    running water, lights, heat, ac...

Last night out in the garage it felt like 90 degrees, a nice 75 inside,
    I was just wondering how the heck folks in the years without AC did
    it....
  5. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Back in the middle 60's was stationed in Tampa, swore I would never com back to Flowereda. Whalla! air conditioning! Here I am. LOL
  6. hotroadking

Yeah I guess you can't miss what you never had....
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Up in Maine for oldest son. His wife left with 14 year old son to Pittsburgh. She was always a POS. Lost her income now he's bankrupt. Losing home. 14 year old wants to come back to Maine wife and I have to go get him and bring him here. What a bunch of shirt. Bigger children = bigger problems. I should have had a vasectomy when I was 18.
  8. hotroadking

Yeah it never ends, sorry to hear of that for your grandson
    to have to go through.
  9. Fatboy128

Yeah, also a 19 yo granddaughter that is also on Dad's team. My son just has to learn to cowboy up and say f_ck the bi-polar b__ch.
  10. hotroadking

either way, not easy I'm sure he's going through quite a bit with
    what you said is going on any of that on its own is a load to handle,
    much less all three at once...
  11. Fatboy128

Yep and thanks.
  12. badinfluence63

Dayum! Thats a big row to hoe FB. But believe it or not this to will pass. I could swap bad time stories with you but i'll cut to the chase..it will get better,it does smooth out but it'll keep you on constant watch as the patriarch, albeit with not as much say as you'd want. That part sux. With your loving assistance your son and grand children will be better people for the hardship the current changes bring. Mom is in for a rude awakening. Maybe not today,maybe not tomorrow but it al eventually comes home to roost......
    Fatboy128 likes this.
  13. Fatboy128

Just back in Maine. Holy shirt! I'm glad I'm not going south on a Sunday afternoon!
  14. badinfluence63

I hear that. I just came back from dropping grand kids to NC. Traffic in DC and Maryland was insane. EZ pass express lane did not rule my favor either.
  15. Fatboy128

We returned to maine from pa Sunday afternoon. I84 west, I90 west, I495 south and I95 south were at almost standstill from all the vacationers heading home. I couldn't imagine sitting in that!