1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another oil queston

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I have been looking around for a good synthtic oil , I have been useing amsoil for years now , started back in the 70's with my shovel head (73 amf stlye ), but it's getting harder to find , I was wondering if anyone here has heard of or used Royal purple ? Thank's to all
    :cool:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Boy Cowboy, Royal Purple what was you drinking never heard of it but that does not mean it does not exist. I think Crown Royal comes in a purple soft bag. :D Another alternative is always Mobile Synthetic, its easy to find. Here in Oregon we have a chain of stores called GI Joe's auto and sports center. They really are well equipped stores and they carry Amsoil, however I to find that when on the road Amsoil is hard to find. I always carry a can with me on the bike every where I go. :)
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i use mobil1syn in my 06....i have used royal purple products for years with great success........hope this helps
    chuck
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Royal Purple must be a Eastern or Southern deal as I have never heard of it in the Wet, soggy Pacific NW.
  5. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

cowboy, i ran royal purple on my race car, because i would run the car a couple quarts low on purpose, and that stuff is great..........
    i like the moble 1 for my bike, just because you can get it almost any where.......
  6. cowboy

for those who have never heard of royal Purple oil products , just go to www.royalpurple.com , I have seen this stuff all around in different states , both east & west , I just never new anybody who has used it before, I have called a few motercycles shops in the houston area , & have gotten mixed feeling about it
    :confused:
  7. Texas Road Glide

cowboy let me check around, there may be a place on the island that i can get amsoil for ya........
    give me a few days to check.......
  8. cowboy

TRG, Thank's but I can get it about 5 miles from me here in Alvin , I was just trying to find sme good oil thats every where , MY son & my-son-in-lam & I took off a few weeks back to north TX (700miles round trip) & did'nt see amisol anywhere , but did see R p in a couple of spots
  9. Texas Road Glide

where did ya go up north too????
    ya know i was born and raised in whichita falls.............
    i found out, that i make a much better beach bum, than i did a cowboy!!!!!!
  10. cowboy

We went to Denton , for a truck show for our web site 61-71 Dodge truck's , I'am one of the founding members of the site , We rode because my 71 D100 hoped up 318 , had a header leak my son's truck had the engine out , & my son-in-law's has real out dated plates on it , look at my sig on here & there's a link to our site
    :cool:
  11. HDManic

HDManic New Member

yes Royal Purple works as they say..I run it in my 94 1200 Sporster..on a 100 degree day the oil temp never goes over 200 degrees..usually a bit lower