1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Another Ride ?

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by sarge7, Aug 17, 2009.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got a chance to go to the INDY MOTO GP for 3 days and work as a volunteer in the pits.
    Fiqured it was a good way to see some of the top racers in the world for cheap. Only about a 140 miles down but it should be a good learning experience since I never was into the racing scene.
    And it will help promote my states ABATE; which is supplying the volunteers
    Also might be able to pick up some tips for my ride - gonna go faster ya know!:D
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is a very cool deal!!!!! i know ya gonna have fun!!!! stay safe!

pics..............:D
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yea that does sound like a fun trip & exprence , & like chuck some pic's would be nice to see:cool:
  4. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

will give the pics a shot - last time I tryed uploading I lost the pics and also tryed to send them to chuck - but can't find them on the hard drive - I think I cut and moved them to the cd I made so will check that out and try again.
    If anyone is planning on going to INDY for the MOTO GP - just watch for the old guy in the pit area with a big smile on - that'll be me.:D
  5. cowboy

sarge 7 did you make the trip yet/ & if so how did it go for you ?
  6. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Leaving Friday morning and will be back Sunday night.
    Damm weatherman is trying to throw a jink on me but rain or shine Friday morning I'm Bad Blue down on the super slab to Indy. Takin the wifes camera and my camcorder so I should have some good pics to flash when I get Back.
  7. chucktx

great!!!! stay safe, and have some good fun!!!!
  8. cowboy

Yes indeed enjoy & try to stay dry:D
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got back Sunday night and had one heck of a time.
    Didn't get to watch any of the races cause I was working on the back side of the hill on race day, but did get to see the qualifications on Fri. and Sat.
    Took off Friday morning at 0700 and made it to INDY by 0830 - it raining for the first 45 miles miles and then let up for the rest of the trip. Once I got there it started raining again and didn't let up until Midnight. I got my can soaked on the ride to the hotel; but Sat. and Sun. turned into two beatiful days of racing.
    Got a chance to go into the infield and check out all the vendors and a whole bunch of eye candy on Sat. and Sun. They had some great looking Bikes and a lot of freebies plus the eye candy was overwhelming - Ruined two pair of perfectly good glasses there - but it was worth it. Also meant some great people from all over the world - plus a bunch of my fellow ABATE members.

Attached Files:

10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Two more pics here from MOTO GP
  11. chucktx

glad ya had a good time, and are back safe!!!!! thanks for some pics!!! uh, the last post didnt have anything in it tho.............lol lol lol
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Must have used that disappearing film . :roflmao:
  13. cowboy

good to here you had a good time , & thank's for the first set of pic's ,I guess your still looking for the therd set of galss cause the second set of pic's arent there
  14. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

OK ! I don't what happened but her are some pics and I'll try to upload some video to you tube as soon as I can then post the link.
    This computer is drivin me nuts - doesn't even have 1 allen head bolt to wrench on. And no Dyno to use either.:roflmao:

Attached Files:

15. chucktx

cool!!!!! thanks for the pics. it really looked like a good time!!!!!