1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anticipating First Ride With HOG Chapter

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 15, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well, it is official, Hot Rider and I will be joining some of our friendly brothers and sisters for a ride to LaCrosse Wisconsin. This ride will be an overnight so we had to book a room at a very nice hotel. What is weird about this is that the rout that we taking was going to be almost the exact rout that I was going to take Red Rider on before his bike needed attention.

Anyways, just thought that I would mention that I am pretty excited about riding and going on my first large chapter ride. Should be a good time.:D
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Hope it goes better for you than it did me!;)
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Enjoy the ride & keep both eyes moving all around ya & to the bike in front of ya
  4. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao: It's all good. ;) It was interesting riding down to Milwaukee with you wondering if you engine is going to implode or not. The suspense. :D
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Have fun!
  6. JohnnyBiker

I will. It sounds like there are going to be about 15 bikes for this ride. A little nervous because this would be a large group (or larger than what I am used to), and not knowing how they ride. Will be fun I am sure. :cool:
  7. JohnnyBiker

Hey Red, I remember how comfy you were looking when we were on I94 with those Highway pegs. My Glide had them when I bought it but I have short ass legs. I had to get some extended ones. The work very well. Now I can just cruise. :D
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Some HOG chapters offer a group riding class that teaches you not how to ride your bike but how the chapter rides in a group. Can be very bennificial to someone new to riding in a large group. Kind of gives you an insight to what to expect when riding with them.
    Have fun though, just remember most groups ride the 2 second rule.:)
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Load up the tour pack, with the blues and booze.
  10. JohnnyBiker

They do have a "New Riders" ride that I was thinking about going on but not sure I will. At the last meeting we did go over how they ride. Staggered which I like, 2 seconds behind the guy directly in front of you and 1 second from the person staggered.
  11. FLHTbiker

In the class they would also go over hand signals but you'll pick up on those real quik.
  12. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Hey JB, I recommend riding up front just behind the RC's. Easiest way to get into the motorcade thing with the group. We always recommend that and it works well. The guys up front are doing 55 and the guys in the back are doing 110 to keep up! :roflmao: Well not really that bad.
  13. FLHTbiker

Heck Fatboy, he may enjoy being at the back better. We get the same thing on our chapter rides, we call it the rubber band effect.:D
  14. JohnnyBiker

I probably won't go to that one. Hand signals, not an issue.