1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Any Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Jun 2, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

on how much a 1980 Fat Bob Super Glide may be worth? From what I can see of the bike by pictures only I would have to classify this as in Fair condition...It is being advertised as an original bike.....Any thoughts would be awesome...
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

check out kelly blue book for retail price then go from there. price isn't the only thing to worry about - how much are you willing to part with to get it and what needs to be done to get it in top running condition.:)
  4. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Check blue book, I gave 6800 for my 96 with only 19k miles on it. Sound little high unless its customed up quite a bit.:D
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

One i did'nt know they made a Fat BOB in 1980 ? that also there a shovle on Houston C list for $4200, not bad looking in the pics , I'll send you the link , as we all know your like the rest of us & will change it to your style anyway :D , Heck if I was'nt in the mess over the Horses I would go for this one , cause like you I would change some things for my likeing :D
  6. JohnnyBiker

I am thinking about going for a ride to go see it but I am not sure that the weather is going to cooperate...:banghead:
  7. JohnnyBiker

I never have any luck with Kelly or NADA...:banghead: They are advertising the bike for 13k......OUCH!!! I think that I am going to go for a ride the weather seems to be holding on so I better go if I am going to do it..... I will have to take some pictures and post them to help you guys get an idea....
  8. JohnnyBiker

I will never go to that dealer AGAIN!!!!:gah::fight::rant::banghead:
  9. cowboy

So what dealer & waht happened?
  10. JohnnyBiker

I walk in to the dealer....As soon as I walk in I instantly recognize the bike as it real distinctive as to where it is.... First I walk in and give HR a call just to let her know that I made it Ok... ( about 2 Hours away..) As i was talking to HR, the stupid salesman wanted to crowd me as I am talking to her...:gah: I moved away. I hung up with HR and started to talk to him... :D

So we started talking and I pointed to the bike and I said that I was interested in buying that.. He replies, "that isn't for sale." I responded, :Yes it is, it is on the web for $12,900." He kind of wanted to argue for a little bit and I just kept telling him, "It is for sale!" :gah::wtf:

Finally after he realized that I that I was right, he said, "Well, we aren't going to take it down just so you can look at it." :wtf::wtf: Now, what is meant by that is that this place has this bike on a floating ceiling.. They are selling it and they didn't take it down so people could look at it..:witsend: I straight out said that I was really interested in this bike, but still some sort of accommodations were not forthcoming.
  11. JohnnyBiker

After this I somewhat broke the conversation and started to look at wht else they had to offer...(Not Much!) (TBP).

I walked out of there feeling that just because I was looking at a real HD, instead of a half breed, that I was shunned. Never would have happened at my home dealership;

I am not going to specifically say which dealership it was it is the home dealership of one of our forum members. No disrespect intended...

Cowboy, give a call if you want to hear more?
  12. cowboy

Man the sucks big time ,Me I would hammer the salesmen & say that he works for the dealer he wants to hammer on you to buy a bike but does'nt even what for sale :banghead:
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well you could buy this one in Elk River for $11,599 the dealer is probably
    selling off his "collection" and these bikes haven't been run in years typically
    they are special year models or a model special to the dealer/owner.

More for a collector than a rider...

1980 Fat Bob

[​IMG]
  14. JohnnyBiker

That is the one!!!!!!!!!!:gah::gah: And that is exactly what I wanted with it, to collect, restore....etc...
  15. cowboy

:roflmao:We all know you would change it up to johnnys way , just like the rest of us who change it our way what tht song from ole blue eyes he did my way :D
  16. JohnnyBiker

I guess I am busted!!!:eek::rant:
  17. cowboy

yep just like ole cardboard was when he got his new bike :D we all knew he could'nt keep from changeing things up :D
  18. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Is CB's bike still runnin' ? Or did he have to call in you know to fix it again!:roflmao::roflmao:
  19. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao:
  20. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

he posted a pic a day or two ago..........had like 6 folks in there tryin to figure out some puter jazz.......................he still has the ol'ladys sportster.......and she has left the state for a while............she needs a break from him also i guess!!!!!!!!!!:roflmao: