1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anyone headed to Myrtle Beach Bike Week

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by gutierg, Mar 15, 2008.

1. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Is anybody going to be there? Perhaps some of the members can get together for a ride? I am arriving 5/12 and am leaving 5/17. Please let me know.

Regards,
    German
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

not gonna make this one.........but i bet we would appreciate a bunch of pics of all the fun your gonna have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)
  3. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

God I'd love to, even with having to go through all the helmet states but unfortunately I just have too much lab work and Dr's appointments to deal with. I have made it there once, rode all the way from Phoenix and it was a great ride. That was on my ol' shovelhead no less! AL
  4. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I'm there right now driving the links instead of driving the bike. I here it's still cold and winter back home. Wish I could make it back for bike week!! :mad:
  5. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

NOT GOING TO THE SPRING RALLY, BUT WILL BE THERE IN THE FALL. HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE

DKIN21

LIVE EASY, RIDE HARD:rocket_bike:
  6. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

We have a house in Mearls Inlet for bike week. As of now about 10 of us should be down there. That means I need to get off my arse and get my patches from Chuck.
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

you need to get that bike done as well!!! :roflmao:
  8. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

yep k9inda hard to ride around if the bike ain't fixed:roflmao:
  9. charlieharley0057

charlieharley0057 New Member

10. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Hey Voodoo :p and you too Cowboy :roflmao: She will be ready in plenty of time. Nothing left to buy at this point so it is all down hill.
  11. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Well that's 10 of you and two of us from NJ becasue Voodoochild does not want to socialize with you. He did tell me that he did not played well with others :rolleyes: Hmmmm?

Anyway, I'll be arriving on the 12th and staying at Kingston Plantation, North Myrtle Beach off Rte. 17 on the beach, near barefoot landing? Don't know if you are familiar with the area?

Let me know if you guys woud like to gather up and do some riding? We can probably exchange mobile numbers and hook up when we are in the area. This is my first, but if you have had the experience before, can you give some guidelines about the nice places to be?

Talk to you soon,
    German
  12. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Well man sorry to say this is my first run to MBBW as well. Oh well new friends and new territory to explore WTF, I am game for it LOL. I should be down there late on the 11th.

Hey wait a minute are you riding down or driving down. I won't get to ride down thanks to wifey and her schooling. She and I will be driving down Sunday (11th), so if you will be coming through our area about that time maybe we can meet up and head that way then.
  13. gutierg

gutierg New Member

I will not ride down (time constraints). Our bikes are being transported and we'll pick them up down there on the 12th. We were going to ride but it would mean missing Mother's day? Who was I kidding? :D

Instead, we'll catch a fly from NJ to Myrtle Beach and then utilize the week to get as many miles as possible?

As the time gets closer, we should exchange numbers and plan to get together somewhere.

German
  14. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Mine is being drug down on the 10th. I didn't want wifey to have to drive down alone so I don't get to ride but like you mine will be waiting on me there. With any luck I will get to ride back home.

You have a PM coming with my #.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

wvak you just know we had to pull that chain, :roflmao: but great come back , Hope ya'll have A real good time & throw back a cold one for me , ride safe :D
  16. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

C'mon now German, I play well with other "bikers", just not regular folk too well....:roflmao: I deal with the public on a daily basis, that's why I don't like to deal with them while I'm relaxing on my bike. See if "I" was going to bike week......I would ride my bike there....DOH!! Sorry, I had to, you know I'm a ball buster! But I ALSO know that you don't F with the wives, they can make your life a living hell! :banghead: So, I understand having the bikes transported down there, don't like it, but I understand! :D

Have fun and be safe!
  17. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Voodochild,

If I can only convince you to come along, we'd have a blast! Too bad indeed. In fact, if you were to come, I sure as heck ride down there with you.

My neighbor has a bad back, he can only get three to four hours in before he is in trouble, that is why we went the trasport way, and you are right, wives would have made our lives a tad difficult!

Later man!
    German
  18. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:roflmao: NO Worries guys. Skin tain't no thicker than that little bit best keep my arse off the two wheel things LOL. Actually I didn't expect it but got a kick out of it when I read it. And just so you know the rear wheel is back on. Along with a busted lip thanks to a rusted exhaust bolt. More would have gotten finished had I not gotten so torqued over that :roflmao: Figured I had best quit before I got too ticked and made more work for myself :D . No temper here :devil:
  19. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

There are two things worse than having your ride trailered to a bike rally:

1. Going to a rally without your bike (Right, SK?) That has to suck!

2. Wanting to, and not being able to go at all.

So while I would hate to have to trailer my bike, I won't get too snobby with those that do. I may have to trailer it some time, and crow is not on my favorite food list.

There are a whole bunch of darn good reasons folks may have to need to trailer their rides, other than the standard "It don't run". But, yeah, I can't say I understand the guys that trailer it everywhere so they can make beer runs on it & look cool.

Have fun out there. Hope that Carolina sun shines sweet for ya!
    :cheers:
  20. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

I remember a t-shirt that said "Trailering is a Curable Disease, help is Available"
    In my own experience, I had to do a short job up in Durango Co and stay in a motel. Not really worth renting a storage unit for the bike which I did on most other jobs. Well the country was so pretty that when we finally got a day off and everybody was going for a ride, I said Ill be damned if Im staying in the motel all weekend. So down to the Harley dealer I went and rented a heritage softail, expensive but worth every cent. Especially since I was being paid really well. AL