1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anyone in the Vicksburg, MI area...

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by BigTommy, May 19, 2013.

1. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

If any of you happen to be riding through Vicksburg, Michigan and find a shifter peg lying by the road, it`s mine. I was heading to my favorite restaurant for breakfast this morning, went through a turn, went to upshift, and discovered I had no peg to step on.:gah:
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

:roflmao: That's gotsta suck!!!
  3. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

Not a big deal, really. I still have the toe peg so I had no trouble shifting. I`ve also got my own lathe, so once I got back home it only took a few minutes to whittle out a new one. It ain`t pretty, but it is functional, and it`ll get me by until I get to the dealership & pick up a new one.
  4. JohnnyBiker

+1 home engineering is sometimes the best. Someday I will make it to the upper peninsula. I hear that it is great riding up there. :cool:
  5. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

Me, too. I`ve driven in the UP many times in a car, but so far haven`t made the trip by bike. Sounds like a good use of some vacation time this summer.
  6. JohnnyBiker

Shoot, I won't make it up there for at least two years as I have this summer and another one planned the for next summer already. Are you around Kalamazoo area?
  7. BigTommy

BigTommy Active Member

Yeah, I live just about 15 miles south of Kalamazoo. You gonna be in the area?
  8. JohnnyBiker

No, I just have done business with people in that area.