1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anyone ride today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 02dyna, Feb 11, 2008.

1. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

Hey guys my bike has been sitting in the garage covered since thanksgiving weekend or a few days after that. I have to look at this at least 3 or 4 times a day [ every damm time I wak through the garage]. I'm telling myself spring is coming, be patient. I WANT TO RIDE. :banghead: . This morning When I left for work:rant: it was 10 degrees with 20 mile an hour winds.:wtf: I know to expect this as I live in Rhode Island and it"s winter , but I thought it would at least be good to here about somebody"s ride. I AM TIRED OF WINTER.
  2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

don't feel bad I got home the other day and it has been 50 mph and snow, so I decided to at least fondle it a little and gave it a full service, then braved the elements for about 3 mi, (that was the portion of road that dosn't have snow) then I decide to continue on the trailer that I started and instead I am pulling the eng. and trans on the 2nd sons nova (hot sonbitch) have some leaks on the eng to seal, and the trans needs to be rebuilt so the trailer waits again, but I get to sit on the scoot and at least feel like it is doing some good. it's a mind game I know but it works.
  3. HAMSHOG

HAMSHOG New Member

I would have rode to work today, but had a flat :gah: Saturday after a 180 mile ride over the mountain and through the woods to the Wineries for some tasting, (and riding!).....:D Luckily it was the last 1/2 mile of the ride to our club meeting at the VFW, but had to get it towed to the house. :banghead: Got the tire off and should be fixed tomorrow, so I'll be back on 'er Wednesday!!! I'm a daily rider, but not trying to rub it in..:rolleyes: It's 85 degrees right now w/ a little snow on the top of San Jack and San Gorgornio in the distance. Hope spring come soon for ya. I know there's a lot of people waiting to get out and on the road!! Good luck!!!!
  4. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

hey ironhorse, I know what your saying , but if I took the cover off and sat on it, that would have lead to taking the charger off for a two second ride to freeze my balls off. Then put the charger back on, cover it back up, thaw out and still be wishing winter was over. Probable better that I just pour myself another Jack and surf BIKE TALK.:roflmao:
  5. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

been riding for a week now... Real nice weather lately...:)
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Well i can't ride eather , but it's not because of the weather or the bike if I lived where i could only ride for a couple of months I would have to load up the wagons & head south :D
  7. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

I hear what yoursaying Cowboy. I thought about moving south but it just is not going to happen right now. Job, kids, family. I"m sure you know the drill. Maybe some day though.
  8. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I feel your pain!!!
  9. ggreenetx

ggreenetx New Member

The weather's been pretty nice around here the last week. I had my topend rebuilt and rode about 1000 miles this week getting it broken in. In Texas 200 or 300 miles isn't very far. Just glad to be able to get some nice riding in!!!
  10. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

02dyna about 30 years ago I loaded up the wife & kids & my shovle & headed east , so 4 kids the wife & I & one med size dog in my e cab truck with My Harley in the back , yep I 've been there :D
  11. fujimo

fujimo New Member

ride

Yup,, sun out 9 am,,,left,,,rode 100 miles and started back,,,, rain,,, still not thawed out,,,temp was 48 when i left,,,40 when i got back pops
  12. 02dyna

02dyna New Member

well glad to hear some of you guys are able to ride this time of the year. :) Hey cowboy got to give you credit man. Sounds like when you decide to do something you just do it. Good for you. Must have been a little crowded but I you did it.
    And bikerputz being only a little north of Rhode Island I'm sure you know how I feel:banghead: hope spring comes early this year.