1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anyone want to go hunting

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 1, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Couple pics I thought I would share from the Oregon Fish and Game recent pics. Anyone want to got hunting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351816532.217516.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351816544.632577.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I can't see the photos! Just like the ones I posted. All I get is a box with and X in it. :wtf:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ya just see the red X ,I had a pic on / in another post showed up as a red X :banghead:
  4. FLHTbiker

Well that's weird, I used that Tapatalk. I can only load one at a time from Bike Talk using the IPad so here is one of the two photos I posted.

Attached Files:

5. FLHTbiker

Here is the other one

Attached Files:

6. Fatboy128

Ahhhh, nope, doesn't work.
  7. FLHTbiker

I went to my desk top computer and yes saw the red X but clicked on it and it opened.

Attached Files:

8. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Definitely makes me want to go hunting. A freezer full of elk meat mmmmm good and a beautiful head mount would be awesome.
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I have to double click to get the images to come up. Single left click and I get a black window where the pic is supposed to be.

A big deer here would be 150 lbs. tops. Those elk are magnificent.
  10. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Right clik on it then click on 'Open Link'
  11. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Pictures are right there when I open anyone want to go hunting. No problems at all.
  12. Fatboy128

Sitting on the front porch the other day surveying the mess from Sandy. Had my Choc Lab "Harley" sitting there with me. Suddenly two big white tail bucks came full speed across front yard. Both were more than 8 points. Harley couldn't take it and took off after em through the field and woods next to the house. Wife and I took off after Harley and the bucks. He went about 1/4 mile before giving up and thankfully came back. He looked soughta like a NY Yankee after the last game with Detroit!
  13. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Suggestion: Take up archery
  14. Fatboy128

The situation with the running deer would have required my favorite a minigun. The meat would have been processed into hamburger too!
    I'm not a fan of the music, just the video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ELhy4_0hM

Got a call from Allstate (home and auto ins.) they are at least 3 weeks from getting to my situation since I have no house damage. They are naturally concentrating on the real disasters you guys are probably reading about.
  15. FLHTbiker

Laying here in bed at 5:45 knowing I need to get up and get going for today's Veterans ride but thought I would share a recent hunting story that happened a few days ago here in Oregon.
    Two young guys were out deer hunting when they came upon a rather large Black Bear. So they decided to shoot it. Well they tracked it and found it laying on the ground. Thinking it was dead they approached it and to their surprise the bear came to life and got a hold of one of them. Ripped him up good before the other one killed the Bear. Very stupid young guys, don't have a clue. Had no reason to shoot the Bear in the first place. Probably does not even intend on eating it when he gets out of the hospital.

Oregon hunter survives bear mauling - KPTV - FOX 12
  16. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Saw a different version of that same story that said they were hunting bear (as they had a tag for one) as well as deer. Some people like the taste of bear (like greasier ham, to me, but not too bad), so I'm guessing they weren't just wasting the animal (a criminal offense, too). The story I saw did not indicate how long it took them to find the bear, but general rule of big game hunting is wait a half hour before approaching an uncertain kill. Personally I hate waiting out a kill, but more so, I hate wasting meat by blowing more holes in an animal.

I guess my opinion is they were definitely incautious, but stupid would have been if they weren't ready to shoot it again.
  17. FLHTbiker

Every story here including an interview with the two deer hunters on a local station where they both said they were Deer hunting and came upon the Bear.
    They were not Bear hunting. He wanted it for a trophy and I don't believe in trophy hunting and waiting the animal. :angry:
  18. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

If they did not have a bear tag, the shooter would be arrested in Oregon. Was he arrested?
  19. FLHTbiker

Didn't state he didn't have a bear tag but said they were deer hunting. The rifle he was using was more than likely a deer caliber and not one you would use when hunting bear. Good thing his friend was there or the 400 pound bear would have killed him.
  20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

10MM Bear Gun....

[​IMG]