1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Anything wrong with this story ?

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Nov 29, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Manhunt under way for N Calif inmate after escape
    The Associated Press
    SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -- Authorities searched Monday for an escaped inmate in Northern California they said used a stun gun on a female deputy and took her gun while he was being transported to a hospital.

The manhunt for suspect Maurice Ainsworth, 24, prompted foot and aerial searches, lockdowns at area schools and evacuations of some homes in the neighborhood, authorities said.

Ainsworth was being transported to Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz when the escape occurred around 11:30 a.m., said Santa Cruz County sheriff's Sgt. Dan Campos. Ainsworth overpowered the deputy and took her .40-caliber handgun, he said.

suspect then shot at another person before running away, said Campos, who did not immediately know if that person was injured from the shooting.

An injured deputy was listed in fair condition at Dominican, according to a statement by hospital spokesman Mike Lee, who didn't immediately detail the injuries.

Shortly after the escape, a parent at the nearby Secret Garden Too preschool reported seeing a man with a gun. Cathy Latorre, who owns the preschool, later told the Santa Cruz Sentinel the 30 children in the preschool were fine.

Deputies described Ainsworth as 6 feet 7 inches tall and 275 pounds. He initially was wearing a yellow jumpsuit, but deputies believe he changed into a brown jacket and plaid pants.

Ainsworth had been in jail awaiting trial on charges that he committed a home invasion robbery on March 27, 2009, according to the Sentinel. He and co-defendant Jyler Raines are accused of breaking into a Los Gatos home with three people inside and stealing jewelry, wallets, bank information and a car.

Ainsworth was scheduled to go to trial Jan. 10 on four felony counts.

He also has a criminal history that includes theft and injuring a police officer, the Sentinel said.
  2. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

6 feet 7 inches tall and 275 pounds and wearing plaid pants? Santa Cruz Fashion Police is likely to catch him before their regular cops do!

Santa Cruz, CA is one screwed up town, though they do have a decent Harley dealership. They'll probably shelter him with all the other drug addicts there in their safe haven. I can't think of a better place for him to terrorize. Well, maybe LA or NYC.
  3. cardboard

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thats all you notised..........:rant:
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Plaid pants? Maybe they ought to search for the perp at the local golf course. I lived in California over 20 years. Nothing surprises me that happens there. It's typical they would let a lone woman deputy transfer this hulk who had priors and a history of being a touch-off. The best thing that happened to me in California was that my wife and I finally LEFT!
  5. cardboard

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

If'n you didn't notise, mabe they didn't notise either and that is why he got away.....

how tall do you think the female guard is.......
  6. Red Rider

Actually, I did notice the female guard. I just thought that was so obvious it wasn't worth mentioning, and figured I'd add what I do know about Santa Cruz. That place is so lefty-PC that I'm surprised the female guard wasn't a blind, pre-transgender dwarf in a wheelchair.....
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I need help here, i don't see where it tells about her size.
  8. joshbob

I'll weigh in on this once more. Where did the perp get the stun gun? Pretty hard to hide it up his heinie -hole. Seriously, When dangerous prisoners are being transported from one facility to another, they are handcuffed to a leather belt and in some cases shackled with leg irons. The article is mute on these points because I don't think they took these precautions. The guy wasn't so sick that he couldn't escape; probably faked the whole thing.
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

She mighta been his inside accomplice
  10. Red Rider

11. joshbob

I feel sorry for the lady deputy; she did all she could to stop this neanderthal. I think in that particular case, it would have been better to have had two deputies on the scene. I doubt he would have tried to escape then.
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That sheriffs Department or corrections dude needs to fired. What an idiot!!!!
  13. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

He is a spammer!! :fight: :fight: :fight: Which is worse then being a flammer :p