1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Arctic Circle run

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by rkortan, Oct 3, 2009.

1. rkortan

rkortan New Member

Yesterday was my 60th birthday which caused me to wonder why I haven't made the ride to the Arctic Circle I've always wanted to make.
    So, next July if all goes as planned I will take three weeks and ride from Gardnerville, Nv to the Arctic Circle and back.
    I have plenty of time to plan and get my bike ready but it would be a lot easier if I had suggestions from others who have already made the run.
    I would like to take my current ride but don't know if the 21" front tire would work. I guess I could put on a 16" for a few weeks. I think other than that my 1998 wide glide is reliable enough for the journey.
    I need suggestions and ideas from anyone who has experience making the Alaska ride. I am used to spending long hours in the saddle and regularly ride 500-800 miles a day a couple of times each year.
    Thanks for any suggestions.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have a friend that has ridden it quite a few times from Texas....i will see about you two getting together via email........if that is ok........
  3. rkortan

rkortan New Member

That would be great. Any information will be helpful
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

check your pm's........