1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Arlen Ness Big sucker don't suck! good product!

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by edgehaha, Jul 28, 2006.

1. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

I have a 2006 Dyna and I installed the Big sucker this morning and it was the easiest install with perfect directions. The back plate lined up pefectly and they were even thoughtful enough to give you a tube of loctite! I fired up the engine and it actually sounded nicer. Had more of a puff! puff! idle instead of that bu! bu! bu! sound like a stock bike has. :D :D

I installed a PCIII and installation was a bit of a pain. Directions advise you to install the PCIII under the ECM, but that's stupid because you can't access USB port unless you take the electrical box off the frame. :mad: I was able to tie wrap it under the seat and all I have to do is remove the seat (1 bolt) and I can see all the fuel LEDs, buttons and of coarse the USB port! Hooked it up to my PC and it was pretty cool watching the fuel and engine RPMs all real time!

I hope to get the Thunderheaders soon! I'm sure they show up on time :rolleyes:
  2. yankeerl

yankeerl New Member

Is your ECM still stock, or have you done a stage 1 flash?
  3. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

My ECM is stock. Don't need the flash cause I got the PCIII. I get all the fuel I need from it. Not too worried about running lean, but I'll check the plugs this weekend. I'll feel alot better when I can run the thunderheader Map and I'll feel even better when I get it on a Dyno.
  4. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Just wondering, does the PCIII eliminate the ECM, or do you piggyback into it?
    I'm still saving for mine.
    Thanks, Steve
  5. yankeerl

yankeerl New Member

Modifies the signal put out by the ECM, it does not eliminate it.
  6. edgehaha

edgehaha New Member

PCIII plugs in after ECM and relays signal to EFI. It monitors the RPM and Throttle position and takes that info into account when determinig how rich the injectors should run. It works fairly well as far as I have seen.