1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Asmoil/ and Irridium HP increase

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Jun 18, 2008.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

my buddy sales the Amsoil line.
    The newest chart showed HP and results with an 02dyna and an 07 HD(1450). Well if you change yer plugs to the irridiums and the syn oil ya gained 3 and some change Horses.
    Not to noticable but if ya throw in a oil vent filter it has been said ya gain 2-3 horses with that setup So put them all together and ya get 5-6 more?!!:D
    Would'nt that be nice? Heck the plugs alone were shown to give a 3.7% increase by themselves.
    Just thought I'd put that out there for comments and all.
    Later,
    :cool:
  2. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

I tried the Denso Iridium plugs in my 1650 Sportster-based engine & while we didn't see a single HP increase, the engine starts instantly. Which is impressive 'cause that engine's got 13:1 compression & it didn't fire off that quick with other plugs. And I was already using Red Line synthetic & the crankcase is vented on both sides so I didn't really expect a HP increase. But I do like those plugs & they seem to last a long time.
  3. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

Nice to know guys, thanks.
  4. SK

SK New Member

Ditto on the iridium plugs. I have to pull my tank to get to my plugs, so the longer the plugs last, the better. Bike starts easier too.
  5. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

got a set on order

Yeah I got them on order. The plugs in there now have been in there quite a while and runs fine. But you can tell a sweet start and "rev" from a good plug. To be honest I think I took out NGKs and put in a set of 1.96 auotlites and was doing some testing and figured any fouling would not be as expensive. Then I never got around to putting the NGS back in cause I was thinking of gettig another set altogether and then next thing ya know time flew by. Thanks for the info. everyone. I wonder how they get those results to read that way what conditions,etc in order to publish stuff like that. Who knows but it hooks a few.
    :cool:
  6. srmcc

srmcc New Member

No success with iridium plugs , more money. spend your money on a better ignition ...
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You have to be careful with some plugs and wires on the new HD's the ignition needs to pick up a signal and if it's not correct it will set an engine code or not run correctly.
  8. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Oh, the wonders of modern technology :roflmao:
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yeah To a point lol

The thing is they use more sensory input to acurately control the spark, timing, fuel etc. That's what makes them run, just like the new cars...

BTW :roflmao:

New plugs 3HP
    New Oil Syn 5HP
    New Pipes 20HP
    New Tuner 30HP
    New Air Filter 10HP
    New Cams 40HP
    New cyl and pistons 40Hp
    New heads 50Hp

Total added from bolt ons - 198HP plus stock 60hp = 258 HP with bolt ons!
  10. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Uh-huh - I might have been born @ night, but it wasn't last night :roflmao: