1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

At a Glance

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by JohnnyBiker, Mar 21, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well today I stopped at the dealership to make sure that the part that I ordered for Cowboy ws in fact ordered. I happened to notice that they had a Blackline sitting on the floor. I went to go check it out, threw a leg over and I liked it a lot. The bike has a Wide Glide front end on it, same front tire as the WG, a big round air intake that looks a little throwback, and really nice paint. This one had the two tone paint on the tank. Really nice orange.

The Drawbacks that I thought that it had was that I did not like the handlebars. I do think that this bike would be better if it had a set of 14" apes on it. The exhaust is ugly, and I think this bike could use a smaller seat. A bandlander perhaps. The bike does have a great stance and the seat is suitable for a shorter inseam. The looks of the seat makes it look too much like a traditional Harley, which is OK if that is what you are after.

Just thought I would share some opinions. Overall, I would give this bike an 8 out 10 right now. I will ride this bike when it gets to be nicer out to see how it performs.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

First thank's for ordering the part second The Blackline at the price would be perfect for the guy who want 's a lower price harley to custom to there own style , seat- handle bars- pipes would be a east change to make & have a custom ride all yours the 14in apes would changed the looks & some good sounding /looking pipes & your own style seat would set this bike apart from the rest , Unless it's a real customed out bike they all look about the same , I do like the plan look of the blackline softail :cool:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, getting a bike and then turning it into yours is always way more fun and better than buying one already done.:)