1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

At the races

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Aug 28, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Sitting at a dirt track watching the midget cars in Banks Oregon in the wind. It's 59F out and were freezing our assses off getting mud thown all over us, great fun. All via the iPhone
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

got home from picket duty and watched the Knoxville nationals that I had taped..what a great A Main that was.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

love them small town dirt tracks........eat a mud ball for me!!!!!!!!!! lol
  4. chucktx

i watched it....kinsel (sp) nearly won it.........was a good race:)
  5. FLHTbiker

We rode home and glad I had the heated grips. Can't believe how cold it got. In the main event for stock a women driving a Chevy Chevelle came in 3rd, she could drive pretty good. Here is a couple of pics from the Iphone, sorry not to good.

Attached Files:

6. FLHTbiker

Leaving in 1/2 hour to meet up with the chapter and ride down to the All Harley Drags, Woodburn OR. Its pretty cold this morning 50 at my place. Going to be a cool ride today and maybe even a sprinkle thrown in.
  7. chucktx

love the pics........very similar to the track i frequent!!! stay warm....you sure are cooling down quickly!!
  8. Bagman

Bagman New Member

50's?? we havent seen a day less than the upper 90's in central Texas in about a month and a half. We went a couple straight weeks above 100. I wouldnt know how to handle temps in the 50's.
  9. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

went to Devils Bowl Raceway in Mesquite, Tx back in 98 in early April, it was pretty cold. When I left Colorado Springs we had just had a blizzard and was very cold here. The weather must have followed me down there cause it was way colder than normal down there. I enjoyed it but my sis and her husband froze their butts off. Whenever we go to night races here we always take a coat, once the sun goes down it can get cold quick especially if there is a little breeze.
  10. FLHTbiker

Here is a few pics from the Harley Drags today. Today was a high of 68 with rain tomorrow.
    Bikes from all around the country racing. The Top Fuel bike that won was Steve Dorn from Milwaukee OR sponsored by Team Latus Motors Harley Davidson, our dealership. Photos of him on his last run 222 MPH with a 6.48 sec. A pretty incredible run.
    One photo is a area where some of the bikes were parked. There are Mongols cruising the bikes:rolleyes: They had their prospects with them and I'm sure they were cruising to steal bikes. There were about 20 of them out there today. They kept on walking past us where we were at by my friends RV All looked alike in the colors and blue nicely folded bandanna hanging out their back pocket. One guy made a comment that they must have all got off the same school bus cause their all dressed the same in their little uniforms. Worthless bunch :puke:

Attached Files:

11. chucktx

i hate a f*&kin thief.........great pics as usual.......thanks!!!
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

don't that just give you a woody !!! the smell and thunder have been to them in denver when they use to come here.
  13. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

Speaking of drag racing: I went to my H-D dealer on Friday to look at the new 2011's, and zoomed-in on a new StreetGlide with the 103 motor. Salesman said that it is hotter than the CVO 110 motor, and asks if I would like to ride it.

It only had 4 miles on the clock when I rode away. After going a few miles to warm it up, I took it out on the highway and nailed it through the gears. OK.....but my stock 96" with 42,000 miles on it felt more OK.

Told the salesman that my bike would outrun his new 103", and he laughed. I said "seriously". He said "let's go see". We went down a frontage road close by, and I dusted him good. When we got back to dealership, he wanted to know what I had in my motor. I said it's never been opened-up, and is as stock as when I bought new (except for pipes, K&N air filter, and V&H FuelPak). None of the salesmen believed me.

I said "My friend who has a new CVO 110 RoadGlide doesn't believe me either". HAH!
  14. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

I don't think they tune them at the factory they just through them together and out the door. Last year in Strugis my friend and I rode all the different touring models and some ran lots better than others,
  15. FLHTbiker

Alex, if you open up that 103 like you did to your 96 it then will probably out run you.
  16. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Know what that cold felling is - rode down to Indianapolis on friday morning temp was 51 when I left waering a t-shirt and a leather jacket got so cold I had to stop and get my hands around a cup of coffee for a half -hour before the feeling returned. From friday to Sun it was in the hi 80's and 90's at the MotoGP - no shade on the track and the racers were piling up as fast as we could drag them off the track. Had 1 death of a 13 year old racer and at least 15 bikes wrecked during the races. There was a 8 bike pile up during the start of the final race which caused a restart with the loss of two bikes which were to messed up to race again.
    Won't put any pics in here because they are posted all over you tube and some of the sport bike forums.
  17. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

See, that's the thing, I've never done anything INSIDE my motor--only external mods. That new StreetGlide did feel like it was all plugged-up with the stock pipes. Amazing what a couple small changes can do.