1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

ATI Procharger kit for twin cam

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by firefighterbrad, Jul 4, 2007.

1. firefighterbrad

firefighterbrad New Member

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with this kit. I'm thinking about doing the 103" upgrade and putting this supercharger on my bike if I can get it in a black finish.
  2. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

I have installed several ATI superchargers in cars, they make a good product and have great tech support. When you do your build, just keep in mind with a SC that you want to have a low compression ratio. Stock CR would probably be best. With forced induction you are not relying on intake velocity regarding the heads so big ports and valves are the ticket. But if you even think you might remove the SC, go easier on the heads.

Attached Files:

3. firefighterbrad

firefighterbrad New Member

Good looking car in your sig Reese, what's she run? I'm in the process of building a new engine/turbo kit for my Camaro. As for the bike, I'm not going for all out drag performance. I'm just looking for a powerful, dependable scoot because it's my "daily driver." I do plan to keep the stock cr, probably even stock cams. Swap the heads for the 103" kit and do a little porting/polishing, nothing major. I have heard that the stock crank bearings are weak in the 96" and I'm thinking about upgrading. What do you think? I am VERY new to H-D twin cam performance, I'm basically going on what I know from my GM LSX knowledge. I love EFI and forced induction.
  4. ReeseSS

ReeseSS New Member

The car belongs to a guy at the BIGBLOCKDART.com board and that bird does fly! I had been all Chevy until a couple years ago and put a 67 "Cuda together for fun and a few passes a year at the Muscle Car nationals. Not a top competator, but a hell of a lot of fun!
    Still think they have a ways to go with the bike EFI to get it up to what you can do to a cars system but heading that way.
    Don't know about the crank bearings in a 96" TC but if they are a weak point, the SC will let you know it. ; )

Attached Files: