1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Atlanta Bar B Que

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by GreyBear, May 14, 2006.

1. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Howdy,
    Just got back from Atlanta. I rode down there Friday afternoon to meet a buddy of mine who was heading up to Myrtle Beach for Bike Week. We hooked up and found a place called Daves Bar B Que off I 285. **** they had some fine ribs. Anyway I met him there then we rode back here and are off to Bike Week tomorrow. I asked a few of the local HOG guys if they wanted to go to Atlanta for a sammich..and they just looked at me weird. *shrugs* Hell it was only 420 miles round trip.....some folks just don't appreciate Bar B Que....Speaking of which if anyones thinking about heading this way the Blue Ridge Bar B Que Fest is June 9th and 10th in Tryon NC. Pretty good thing. Bar B Que cook offs, lost of music, BEER....I will be back from DC and Rolling Thunder then so if ya might make it...get in touch and we can hook up and ride a bit.
    Ride Free........
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

420 miles for a sammich doesnt sound unreasonable....i have done a bit more for a slice of pie!!!! come to think of it......it is a minimum 60 miles round trip for me to get gas.....:D
    chuck
  3. CD

CD Guest

That sounds painful ;) :D
  4. CD

CD Guest

Are you talking about the Famous Dave's chain? They have some great BBQ for a restaurant chain.
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Especially if you're riding behind him!

420 for BBQ sounds good, when we leaving!

We'll pop out after 6pm head up about 75 miles for BBQ on thursdays. No Prob
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

rotflmao...............ya, but it feels soooooooooo goooooood to git rid of it!!!!!! lol lol
    chuck
  7. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Pies

No this was a local place but thier BBQ was fine....of course ya get into all sorts of discussions about BBQ Dry or sauce cooked, tomatoe, mustard or vinegar base etc...even if beef is really bar b que...me I like it all. Slow hickory smoked pork shoulder, mequite and a great brisket, pork ribs, beef ribs, lamb ribs and deer ribs....they all be good. I personally like the cooked dry with a rub, add your sauce on the side approach but I have had some really fine bbq smothered in sauce of all varieties.
    Chuck you mentioned pies...which brings to mind an eating adventure from days gone by. Back in the early 70's I was living in Nashville, Tn for a spell. There was this place there called the Sylvan Park cafe. Had the best pies in three states. Meringue 4 inches high and covered with those little beads that come from really fine meringue. Now we are sitting at the apt one evening and get the craving for pie. So I grab this little sweety that I had met a few days before and she and I get on the bike and head for the pie place. Since there were several people present it turned out we wanted two pies. Chocolate cream and banana cream. We get there and order them and they bring them out in a big cardboard box..they had run out of pie boxes. Well we go out to the bike and start to try and figure this out. We are both needless to say a bit buzzed anyway. Finally she gets on and I give her the pies sans box. So she has these two pies held in her arms cradled against her chest. Did I mention that inside that halter top lurked the 7th and 8th wonders of the world? Well so she has them balanced on the "shelf" and off we go. Now at the time the ride was extreme hard core Old School. Rigid frame pan shovel suicide clutch open primary ape hangers.... bumpy ride ok. We get to the apt. I needed a bath, the bike needed a bath and the 7th and 8th wonders of the world were covered in chocolate and banana cream and meringue. Well by the time we got her cleaned up I really needed a shower....ahhh the good old days. It wasnt a real far putt for pie but **** it was memorable.....
    Ride Free........
    Last edited: May 15, 2006
  8. bikerjim1

bikerjim1 Moderator

Dang....I need some pie now!!