1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.
  1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

3. cardboard

4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

A few years ago and for several years prior, Pinal County Arizona Sheriffs Dept had mini vans that they could setup anywhere that had speeding cameras in em. Then there was the election for county sheriff. The new sheriff ran on the platform that the cameras were unreliable at best and that if elected he would eliminate them and instead hire more deputies. So how would you vote? How would the citizens vote? Well glory be, they elected him and he got rid of the cameras (do ya think that was his secret to election?!?). Now ya can speed almost freely without worry.
    Then the State eliminated them on the interstates. Wow, all those transplanted Californians can really fly now! :rocket_bike:
  5. cardboard

6. Fatboy128

Yep I viewed it. I realize that I sounded like I'm for it but I am not. I wish the police would step up and do the job that they used to do. Here in NY the politicians are now installing the FN cameras. Right now they are for traffic lights. I am sure they will soon be for speeders eventually. The police have been cut to historic low numbers. On the infamous Long Island Expressway and other major roads, the average speed is now over 75mph (55 posted). Trying to take my leisurely weekly 45 mile Sunday morn trek to have coffee and maybe a ride with the other HOG riders has become a race in order to keep from gettin run down. I like cruising around 60-65 (still breakin the law but within the old "less then 10 over" rule). You can't do 65 without the cages flying up yer ass in order to pass other cages on the right. Cutting back in on ya, even taking half my lane to pass!! The cops here after 3 years on the job do better then $100,000 to drive around in their cage and wait for an accident or other "cool" action calls. Used to be when I was a new driver, ya better be within the traffic laws or yer ass is grass. I don't know where we are headed as a country, but I really worry about it.
  7. Fatboy128

I believe the population just don't want laws applying to themselves just the other guy. Like we've said in other posts, today there just isn't any accountability.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yesterday the wife and I were stopped at a stop light. The red light we were stopped at turned green but, tow cars were still making a left turn while their light was red. Sure I laid on the horn but all I got was the middle finger from the second car. Like Fatboy128 said they think the laws are for somebody else not themselves. Would a red light camera have stopped them or gotten them a ticket and made them think, probably so.