1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Babe cage??

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by chucktx, Mar 23, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i remember somebody wanting to restrain a person from fallin off the back of their bike....here is somthing i found....ugly, but it looks like it would work..

http://www.babecage.com/index.htm
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Damn Chuck, put a little sheet metal on there and you got yourself a small car....sortof Looks kinda like a dune buggy with 2 wheels
  3. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Put in a set of airbags and you're good to go.:D
  4. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Does it come with an ejection button as well? :p

Seems like getting in and out of that thing could be tough. Plus I wouldn't want to go down and have an arm or leg caught in between the road and the bars.
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

OUCHHHHH!!
  6. SK

SK New Member

I wonder if it's as much of a danger is it is in protecting. If you go down, that's that much more to catch on something and flip you around. I don't know..just can't get used to the looks. I can imagine the finger pointing as you ride down the road "Look! What the hell's that!". Plus..sure makes it look top-heavy and rear-end heavy for handling. A trailer only puts 20 lbs or so of tongue weight on the rear.
  7. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

To each his own I guess. Looks like a death trap to me. Considering the bike to car weight ratio your still going to get fired like a pin ball if a car hits you. And if you go down, not sure if you could get away from the bike.

I'm thinking if you want the wind in your face but your that nervous about riding, get rid of the bike and just drive the standard 4 wheel rag top cage.
  8. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

Thats gotta be the goofiest lookin thing I'd ever seen. I have to agree with some of the other posters, it looks like it would do more harm than good...I mean really, we call people in cars "cagers" do we want to become what we dislike about that form of transportation ??
  9. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Yeah....whata think the boys would say if you showed up for the big ride with one of those bolted to the bike?
  10. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

There was an ol boy that used to show up for all the big organized rides in San Diego that had his whole bike caged. Had to open a little door to get in/on it. IIRC he even had a plexiglass wind screen that bolted around it. He was going to make motorcycles safe for the masses. I wonder what ever happened to him!
  11. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

He probably dumped the bike, jaws of life were called, and they were unable to get him out, they were unsuccessful......:roflmao:
  12. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

I would hope that somebody would beat me until I got my senses about me.
  13. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

quit joking guys,
    i built that for roundy round, for saturday night racing
    brings on a whole new meaning to outlaw racing.......
    rotfl lmao

TRG