1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Back fire

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by terry, Nov 18, 2007.

1. terry

terry New Member

ged day
    have got a 2008 softtail standard have fitted vance and hines propipe also v&h fuelpack and big sucker aircleaner .I have no air leaks and fuel pack set to v&h specks but the bike is still popping bad when i throttle off. I seem to have the same problem as Scraggs. Is there a cure for this can anybody help?

Thanks Terry
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

if you're you're using propipe you souldn't be having these prolems. the only thing i can thing is those maps are just to lean, probley epa compliant. you guys are going to have to learn work em. and add some fuel here and there:D
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I think that's the prob with the fuel pack you can't do anything to the maps,

Powercommander III USB or HD SERT is the only way to go.

You need to call V&H tech and tell them what map you are running and ask them to suggest a different map.
  4. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

Too much airflow, not enough fuel. This is the problem with high flow exhausts, high flow aircleaners and fuel injection. You just about have to put on a controller that is tunable and then take it to a REPUTABLE dyno tuner to get the map right for your engine. Power Commander or SERT are the way to go.
  5. terry

terry New Member

Thanks

Thanks for info will let you know how it ends up
    Terry
  6. terry

terry New Member

Thanks

Thanks for info sent email to v&h no reply as yet been nearly a week maybe soon
    terry
  7. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Make sure you've no leak from your new pipe's gasket or anywhere else. Good luck!
  8. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

i e-mailed V/H about a year ago:brick: still waiting:witsend:
  9. terry

terry New Member

just got off the phone to v&h not very helpful .learn more on this site than v&h want to tell you
    terry
  10. FRXMAS

FRXMAS Banned A-Hole

Vance And Hines

Years Ago I Put A Set On An Electraglide Standard And The Caps Peeled. After A Few Phone Calls They Replaced The One Cap And The Other One Proceeded To Do The Same. I Could Not Get Satisfaction From V&h So I Had Hd Powdercoat Them Black. V&h Needs To Learn About Customer Service Or Improve It's Products.
  11. steveb

steveb Active Member

I agree about Vance and Hines. I had a set of Big Shots on my first bike and had some problems with the install and I could not find any person to talk to that knew anything. I finally figured it out by myself. This time I got a set of Rineharts. Good quality and I did not need to call any one went on great.