1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bad day turns good

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My grandson the basketball star (to me) starter on his HS varsity team & only Junior on the team , found out today he has a break in the bone right below the thumb & has to have a screw put next week , wont be able to play half the season :-( , Then tonight My almost son-in-law called & ask me if he could marry my daughter B-) , so now there shacking up will become legal , I like happy ending to a bad day
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's a good end to the day, congratulations and sure hope all goes well for your son. :D
  3. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

It's too bad your grandson has to have a screw put in to hold things together - he must have really busted it up pretty bad. I hope the surgery goes well for him. I think it's pretty cool that your future son-in-law asked your permission to marry your daughter. Not many young people ask permission to do anything these days LOL.
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Best of luck to your grandson. I'm glad I had four sons and no daughters. I don't know how I would handle a man shacking up with a daughter!
  5. FLHTbiker

It's a hard thing to swallow Fatboy. Mine did it for a while then they ran off to Vegas and got married. Both families were very disappointed but after they came back they re-did it and had a regular ceremony. The best part is the two Grandkids we now have.
    Yea I think its cool that he asked you for permission Cowboy, very cool.
  6. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

A fixed up thumb now might make it better for university ball later, and congrats on the good news.
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Congrats Cowboy.. know the feeling. When my son in law asked me before he asked my daughter...thought it pretty cool after I got over it! Was at dinner for her for graduation from college. Bill came ... told my wife dam_, gotta go pee before I pay this. So my son in law to be followed to mens room. While I was peeing noticed him washing hands looking nervous. When I walked out door there he was with hand stuck out.

Leaving restaurant fussed at wife for letting me be caught off guard, told her you know what just happened... she did not... I said between peeing and paying I just gave our baby away....o_O
  8. cowboy

... I said between peeing and paying I just gave our baby away....o_O LMAO bet she like that one
    the wife & I shacked up about a year before we tries the knot .now have 39 yrs under our belts , our Daughter is the second youngest & 31 yrs now the other 5 are married with kids except one & I have her kid, he's now 16 & we have had him since he was about 1 yr old
  9. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I know I would have accepted it but it would have been more grays hairs for me (or no hair!)
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

good deal cowboy!!!!!!! asking permission is almost a lost courtesy!!!!!!
  11. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Cool... you are 3 yrs ahead of us... 36 years last May.... proof positive there are women with patience. :cool:
  12. FLHTbiker

Our 20th is this year and I swear god gave some women great patience. :)
  13. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Congrats on the daughters engagement, my son in law asked me also when youngest daughter got married, thought that was pretty cool for now day kids. Shacked up a year or so before I got married, personally think its a good thing to do, kinda like a test drive. lol and Happy Birthday by the way
  14. cowboy

Thanks bg66 , take the grandson in first thing in the morning to screw up his had , oops I mean put a screw in his hand
  15. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Congrats and lucky you. As a parent and grandparent myself, its all about the happy endings....my family isn't quite there yet. Happy for you man. Life can be beautiful.
  16. cowboy

thanks took the grandson in yesterday to have his hand fixed , he'll be down till Monday then back to school , then the wife said the daughter is thinking of having her wedding in the back yard ,(it's about one acre of grass) heck I can drink & don't have to worry about going any where :singing:
  17. FLHTbiker

Who is mowing the grass just before the wedding. Got a riding mower with a beer cup holder? :D
  18. cowboy

Me & hell yes I do
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Perfect!