1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

BAD TRIP just got worse

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by sarge7, Jul 10, 2011.

1. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Got back from PCB about a month ago and was feeling a little under the weather so I got a doctor' visit set up to check out what was going on.
    The Doc did some tests and came back back with a real gut buster for me.
    Seems like I've got lung cancer in my right lung and it's stage 4 - which means no cure.
    I've always joked about bout being a walkin' dead man - but never thought that it would become a reality, sure changes ones outlook on life real quick.
    Between the hospital time and the time running around tieing up some loose ends , I have kinda got away from gettin on here and talkin to you all. Hopefully, now that my doc has got me set up for treatments - I can get back on here more often.
    Don't get a chance to ride as often as I would like anymore - but do enjoy gettin out for some short rides if the weather is super nice - been lucky this month so far hardly any rain or bad weather - I sure ain't lookin foreward to later this year - being cooped up in the house all winter is going to take a lot out of me - but with a little help from the man upstairs I'll get by.:)
  2. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

That's tough news, Sarge. It's hard to know what to say in a situation like this but I just wanted to say something.
  3. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

i don't know what to say either sarge except- BUMMER
    I'll be praying for you
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  4. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I'm very sorry to hear your bad news Sarge. It seems cliche but give it the good fight.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Damn...sorry, don't know what to say either. Hopefully the treatments will help. Prayers and good wishes for you from here.
  6. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Like others I don't really know what to say but don't want to say nothing. My thoughts are with you.
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I know what to say, that sucks! Really sorry to hear that and praying for you and the family. Can that lung be removed?
  8. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

ditto Sarge. I hope there is something they can do.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Damn sarge7 Thats some bad news , I'a. setting here listen to Bob seger' s against the wind , when I read this , & like the rest I not sure what to say , so God Bless & double check with another doc , enjoy the ride while you can prayers & good thought going your way & for your Family
  10. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear this Sarge, my families thoughts and prayers are with you. Fight the fight and WIN!! :D
  11. kerrycorcoran

kerrycorcoran New Member

Sorry to hear. Get out and enjoy the good riding weather when you get a moment!
  12. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

can't take the lung - it's already stage four (terminal) but they are doing chemo to slow it down and maybe put it into regression. At the max will probably be 5 years - min a couple of months. All depends on how the chemo treatment does. Made up my mind to fight it all the way - got to give it a try anyhow. - will keep ya all in formed as to what going on.
    And thanks for the prayers they will help.
  13. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Sorry to hear about the bad news!
  14. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

If I could reach through the computer screen and give yea a hug I would do it. Hang in there and do all you ca do. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
  15. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Tough news to have to take, Sarge. Now just do what we all should be doing - live the best you can, as long as you can.
  16. Navy_Chief

Navy_Chief New Member

Amen to that Bro!
  17. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

Live fer today!!!
    Prayer goes out fer you and family, from our home and Prayer lists also...
    A friend of mine had the top half of one lung removed last Friday, due to cancer ~ he`s doing alot better on account if it...
    Yesterday is history- remember it-
    Tomorrow is the future plan fer it-
    Today is all we have, LIVE IT,
    Dennis