1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Basket case

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Hot01, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

That's me. I've been unglued for the last 24 hours+ about getting my bike before the weekend. I have reservations up in the mountains, which I pushed out to allow for delays. Nevermind that I haven't ridden in almost two months now. I think the Vicodan was keeping me in enough of a fog that I was dealing OK. I'm not anymore.

Anyway, word on the street is that my parts are en route to the dealership. They are going to send me pics when they get there. Let's just hope this is for real or I'll end up in the psych ward before the day is out.:gah:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

patience is a virtue!!!!!!!!!! i know it is tough waiting.....been there done that..:)
    these type of things you really dont want to rush......medical and mechanical....when ya do.........things really tend to go WAY bad. sometimes things happen for a reason...............ya i know ya dont need some crap from a monitor screen!!!!!:roflmao:
    keep calm, i promice it will all come together.......just takes a bit......damit!!!!!!!!:(
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

sucks, I feel ya, at least you don't have to wait till next june like me:banghead: :cussing: :angry:
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Go rent a bike from the dealer doing the work, they should cut you a deal,

Mine will go $50 a day, that's half rate for walk in customers.

Get whatever you'd like to ride and get out in the wind, unless you are on the vicodin then I'd stay inside....:p
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Abby I have to agree with chuck , I know it sucks big time I was down 3 times longer with my knee then anyone said in the begeing & after the pill's started to ware off it realy sucked , But your a trooper & can do it or like HRK said try to get a deal on a rentel then you ride the crap out it & not worry about it braking :D cause it 's not your's
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Good advice there Chuck, Abbey be cool it will come and don't rush them to fast as you want it done right. :)
  7. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

:gah:

How do you forget to paint the saddlebags? :gah:

It's pretty much all together, except for the saddlebags. The saddlebags were in boxes with all the parts piled on top. Nobody bothered to open the boxes and see what was in there, despite the fact that I'd told the guy there were saddlebags. They said I'd have it Friday afternoon, which is when I was planning on leaving town for the mountains. It'll be a longer trip now, but I should make it to Aspen before dark.

They're tightening everything up. They were able to get the LED taillight in there. It wasn't supposed to work with an '01, but probably because I had to get a new rear fender it fits. He said it looks good.

I asked them if they'd send their service limo down here to get me since all my rides were lined up for today and tomorrow. I'm sure they don't usually go this far, but he said for me they probably would. :cool:

I need some valium.

Just kidding. I need to go for a ride. :chopper:
  8. cowboy

To many paint fumes with out a mask:eek: , I bet your ready to snatch them bald :D , well at least they will have it ready for friday
    I bet you had something to say to them :cussing:
  9. chucktx

sounds good!!! take a big,deep, well deserved breath....(then take a pic and send it to me...;) )..............let it out and chill.......friday is just around the corner and i know you can do it standing on your head!!!!! it will work out for you!............have fun and dont forget the camera.........be safe and have fun!...................:)
  10. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

They're sending their limo to get me. :D I'm a lot farther away than they normally send it, but I'm special. :D I'm afraid I'm going to start crying when I see it. :D That's OK. :D
  11. chucktx

yay!!!!!!!!!:cool: :D
  12. cowboy

:cool: way to go Abby & don't forget the camara :D , chuck can forword the pic's to me
  13. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Is anyone on Facebook? I just figured out how to upload pics from my phone. Since I won't be coming home for a couple of days after I pick the bike up, I'm sure I'll be posting some photos there. PM me if you are.
  14. cowboy

Don't know what facebook is , but can recieve pic's on my phone , I can send to to this high tec stuff is rough getting used to at my age :D
  15. chucktx

so, how is the bike?????? pics please!!!!!!!!!:)
  16. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

Yeah.. Really man !

Abby, your such a tease :D
  17. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I haven't got it yet. I'm waiting for the limo now. I won't have a computer to upload though, unless there's one at the hotel. I'll try.

I'm really nervous. I texted my ex and asked him to reassure me that I hadn't forgotten how to ride. He replied that I am the best rider he knows - get on and ride like the wind. I started crying. :rolleyes:

The guy said it looks awesome.

Must go and be ready for my ride... :chopper:
  18. cowboy

Enjoy I guess we can wate for the pic's as long as your happy with :D
  19. chucktx

enjoy the ride........enjoy the wind......be carefull and have fun!!!:)
  20. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I absolutely adore it, and will try to post some pics shortly. I sent some from my phone to Facebook, so hopefully I can get them here somehow.

I didn't cry and I didn't forget how to ride. :roflmao: I think I was nervous that I'd be afraid. I wasn't. I was doing an awful lot of looking in the rear view mirror at stops though. No big surprise there. I got about three miles out and it started raining. Drought here for two months and now it wants to rain. It let up a little and I skirted some rain into the mountains. I was about an hour from Aspen when the bottom let out. Cold, dark and steady rain. :rolleyes: The new heated hand grips were a lifesaver. I highly recommend those.

Got to the swank hotel and in a day and age where people generally treat Harley riders well, got treated like crap by a front desk clerk, who basically is a co-worker. Sorry I didn't arrive in a $60K SUV with my hair and makeup all done up, pal. To top it off, when I asked him where I should park my bike, he actually said that the doorman would do it for me. What are you, a freaking moron? :gah: The doorman met me out back at the garage and I parked in the car wash bay. That was good, because I was able to wash it this morning. What a mess.

So now it's still raining and probably will be all day. :banghead: Hopefully just showers though, and I'll go out anyway.