1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bassani Pro Street Drag Pipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by Hal Smith, Feb 3, 2005.

1. Hal Smith

Hal Smith New Member

This thread is more for "HOTROADKING", I had my bike dynoed and it gained 6hp. I now have 106hp+. My bike is an 1993 XL1200/ an 89" XLSS Hot Set UP Sidewinder Stroker Kit. SO MR. HOTROADKING LETS RACE.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sounds good ton's of power there, gotta get it to the ground, now wheres that NOS bottle I had sitting in the garage :D
  3. Hal Smith

Hal Smith New Member

Bassani Pro Drag Pipes

Mr. "hot Road King" Unless You Can Run In The 10 Second Bracket. You Don't Want To Mess With This Sporty. I Ran A 10.6 @ 116 Mph In The 1/4 Mile Last Summer At The Viet Nam Veterans Fun Drags In Sacramento. My Last Run Was My Best, Against A GXSR1100 And Blew His Doors Off.
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2005
  4. CD

CD Guest

Weight breaks

I take it that you want a "heads up' race or, do you want to do it by weight breaks?

Power to weight you have him covered but, equal the weight break and then?

That's why they call them classes ya know?

I am also going to assume you are making jest with HRK who is a very highly respected seniour member of this BBS right?
  5. SISK

SISK New Member

Ditto CD...

I was thinking that Mr. Hal was making some pretty brazen comments about his racing prowess, and some of his comments to "Mr. Hot Road King" seemed to be a bit flaming. But I guess since Hal's on the opposite coast from HRK, he must feel safe that HRK wouldn't actually take the time to ride over to CA and give him a lesson in HP & TQ.

SISK

It's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Don't worry about me, LOL I didn't take it as flaming, no way I can beat a 500 pound bike with a light rider, being 300 pounds on a 800 pound bike, not much of a drag racer anymore used to do it with cars, but never with bikes.

I'd be happy with a 12 second club on my big ol heritage.

Now if we ran on the Tersi Dyno Drags I bet it would be better, no weight or drag to deal with LOL

If you really want to race a big bore twin cam have a friend with a 130 softail being prepped right now, he ran last year in the mid 11's all year with the 116, think he's shooting for the 10.50 class so the bike should do low 10's to make that dial in.

Those west coast Gixxers must be slow the boys here are running 9's