1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Bassani?

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bigoc-rk, Jun 8, 2004.

1. bigoc-rk

bigoc-rk New Member

I hear a lot of discussion on VH, Rinehart, Samson, Hooker, ect. ect. but nothing about Bassani exhaust systems. I too have a new 04 Road King Classic and I would like to make it sound like a Harley and not a Singer sewing machine. Whenever I ride with my buddies they are always telling me to start my bike, but I tell them its already running. ha ha. But really I don't want it so loud I will get a ticket.

I was told by a highly recommended mechanic that the Rineharts are good but if If I ever decide to go to a 96 inch kit then Bassani's would be best.
    Another thing is all the brands now offer true dual exhaust. I am going to get the stage I and change out the stock air cleaner, and probably buy the power commander pcIII usb, but this exhaust stuff is really a pain.

Does anyone have any feedback on Bassani exhaust?

Thank you.

Mark
  2. headdoc

headdoc New Member

Bassani

hey bud. Some years ago (1980) I installed a 4-1 Bassani and rejetted carbs on a 750 Suz. This upgrade gave me some performance boost. Now that grinder was already quick and skittish so I really wasn't too concerned about more get up and go, I really wanted a better more aggressive sound. The bad news was the bassani just did not meet my expectations. too high pitched and not really very loud. things could have changed in terms of their product though as that was a long time ago. You ought to seek out someone that has the pipes installed on their ride that you are considering.

good luck :cool:
  3. CD

CD Guest

Bassanni...baloney

I do not sell Bassanni systems. They have not proven to be better performers and have a very limited distribution channel.

Last year I had one customer who went through multiple systems before going to a 2-1 Pro pipe. He tried the Rinehart, Bassanni true duals and lost more power with the Bassanni than with the Rinehart. The 2-1 flat out performed both.

I personnaly run Bub headers with Hooker slip on mufflers and they work fine. If I want to squeeze out more juice I would throw a 2-1 on there but I have load of mid range already.

The quality is good on the Bassanni, I just do not see the worth.....