1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Be Cafeful what you say to a Police officer

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

This is a quote from somebody else.

I'm testing a prototype right now.....

Police will have active microphones on them which will sync with their video.

So before there was only audio being recorded at the squad car, NOW they have a microphone that they can wear.

So anything you say to the officer face to face - will be recorded.

They do not have to ask you if they can record.

Just be careful what you say to an officer....
  2. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

My Brother is a cop they've had that for quite a while. He said it was because of the Sexual Harassment charges made by some people trying to get out of a ticket, saying Ill give you a BJ to let me off the Cop saying NO and them going to a lawyer and saying that the cop offered the exchange not them.There are a lot of low life people that really do that or some form of it, like offering drugs or $$ to get out of a ticket or get free $$$. The only people that can erase the recording is a supervisor or higher and always has to be a panel of people never an individual. All the tapes have to be kept for a # of years to insure that no one tries anything funny. There also used on your behalf, if the cop out of line you can report him/her and they will review they tape and recording.Yes you can have your council there at the viewing. Been there Done That with an Officer one night did not turn out so good for him we will just say he's scratchin his unemployed A$$ because I was not his 1st complaint

Tiny
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

You should always be careful what you say. When they ask if you know why they pulled you over, don't tell them! It's a confession. My new line is, "Because you wanted my phone number?" Fortunately I haven't had the opportunity to try it out, but I'm ready. :roflmao: With my luck I'll get pulled over by a woman. :rolleyes:
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

that's where that part, what you say or what the cop wants the report to say can and will be used agenst you. always guilty until you can hopefully prove your inocent, my best intrest is to just keep my mouth shut, I'm 2for2 on going to jail with my last and only 2 encounters with the police.
  5. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

you can still use it.....I think most women cops are lesbians anyway :eek: :roflmao:
  6. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yeah, but what if she takes me up on it. :eek:
  7. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

THAT is where things start getting interesting!!! :roflmao:
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Well I guess it depends on how much Patron you have in the freezer LOL
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

im gonna stay outa this one!;)
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

ya know this isn't gonna end here without getting outta hand...

:p :p :p
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

So when were we NOT supposed to be careful in what we said to a cop? Guess I missed that first memo...........:roflmao:
  12. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I guess you'll have to see if you're willing to explore your wild side.....:eek: :roflmao: :roflmao:

you're right, this thread can go nowhere except downhill......especially with us!
  13. FlynDutchman

FlynDutchman New Member

We're all really better off...no he said she said B.S. Im against alot of intrusiveness by the government but something like this keeps everybody on the up & up. Everybody usually is suspicious of police, but nothing is worse than some dirtbag who is pissed about being stopped/ticketed/arrested & filing a B.S. complaint to try & get out of it, smearing the record of somebody just out doin their job. Fair is fair. You get caught doin something, man up & take your lumps. Don't try to weasle your way out of it, ruining somebodys reputation in the meantime.
  14. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

I agree dutch but i will usually state when they ask me why they pulled me over is that they had nothing else better to do with their time. of course i chuckle a little incase they have no sense of humor
    one fella pulled me over and i said that and he wanted to know what is the better thing to do with the time.....he opened the door...... i told him(i was stopped for falure to come to a complete stop out in the country)(still wrong but)that with all the rapist, drug runners, woman beaters, murders, and thieves, I could probably come up with something ....I went to court:roflmao:
  15. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I hate it went they sneak behind a building and set their radar on you. Two years ago had a young short cocky county motor officer hid behind a closed coffee place where it was right at the end of the little podunk town speed limit with a 3 mile really steep hill to climb. Sure as heck I started to increase my speed to get up the dang hill. Yep here comes that cop. Asked me if I knew why he pulled me over. I could tell there was no win here as he had a real smart as@ attitude. So I told him heck no I'm just a simple little tax payer just heading back to the office after a long hot day so why did you pull me over. He said I was doing 5 miles over the limit. :cussing: I then pissed him off when I told him that sneaking about like he was doing is wrong. Told him he should be up at the school zone catching real speeders where it is more important than nicking people as they try to start up this hill. He gave me my first ticket in over 20 years and I thanked him for fuc$ing up my day. He told me that they had gotten complaints about people speeding through town so I pissed him off more when I told him then he should get himself over in town by the school where it will do some good. He handed me the ticket and walked off.
    By the way I had just finished doing a home inspection for another cop who is the Sergeant on their force. I'm sure he would have rolled his eyes back and laughed.

I have friends who are cops and most are really cool. I should have used Abby's comment wonder what he would have done then. :D
  16. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

They pulled me over in Patton Vilage about a month ago for flashing my lights at the on comin traffic to warn them against the radar trap. They was gonna write me a ticket for faulty equiptment.
    I said sure write me a ticket and show me what is defaulty.
  17. Mike Otto

Mike Otto New Member

:puke: never admit to anything! unless it's a request from HOT01.....:D
  18. WildWindwalker

WildWindwalker New Member

I think the personal mics are a good idea. It is good for both sides, it would help keep police honest (not accepting bribes or favors) keep the people respectful (which we should be anyway ) and maybe get rid of the cocky or power trip police officers.
  19. Dyflam

Dyflam New Member

When a cop asks to see my license I "mistakenly" whip out my Dunkin Donuts gift card. Works every time.;)
  20. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Where can I get the donut card:roflmao: