1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Beach Trip

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 25, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Were having a heat wave today so we decided to do a short ride and head to the beach. Wound up in Astoria, Seaside, Cannon Beach and down to Tillamook. We did a bit of shopping and lots of eating and a lot of girl watching (me and Loren my friend). Got some really good Salt Water Taffy (Root Beer, Raspberry and Marion berry)
    Riding down 101 along the coast was especially nice today. Temps at the coast was 75 and 95 at home. We wound up putting 349 miles in today. Here's a few pics

Attached Files:

2. 05glide

05glide New Member

Looks like you had a good ride. Heat index in GA this week has been 115 almost everyday, wish I had a cool beach to head out to. :rant:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pics!!!!!!!!! tripple digits here also......70/80% humidity........im ready to move!!!!!!!!
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

you're a bum, teasing with all the riding you've been doing.
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

The pic of the bike at the cliff with the beach in the back ground. We rode down 101 and followed the coast line down in that area, beautiful day. Today was about 86 and the humidity was fairly low.
    Man 115 degrees that has got to be a killer, couldn't handle that.

:roflmao: Got to tell yea, we were in Cannon Beach where there were lots of people and we came to this one joint that sells ice cream, corn dogs and other quick snacks. Two young boys about 7-8 years old were sitting there on a bench outside eating a corn dog. My bud Loren said to them that they are going to have to be Harley riders cause Harley riders eat lots of corn dogs. They looked at him like WHAT and their mother turned around and yelled at him that her boys were going to be good boys not irresponsible types, we laughed and then laughed real hard pissing her off even more. They went hustling down the street herded by mom and the one little guy turns around and waves. Yea, mom you'll see.:D