1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Beat by the wind (Highway pegs)

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Sep 20, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I just installed highway pegs on my Street Glide. I get so much turbulence that I can only stretch out for a few minutes and than back to the foot boards. I installed fairing lowers and a baffle that bolts to the lower triple tree. It didn't seem to do anything. Help!!!! Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I added the chrome spike looking wind blockers to my e glide along with the fairing lowers works good :D
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have pegs on my engineguard. i get now ill effects from the wind. i have no lowers or side shields. where are your forward pegs mounted???
  4. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I have adjustable long pegs mounted down low on the engine guard to allow me to stretch out. The wind deflectors will work with Road Kings but not the FLHX. I did find a site that sells leather engine guard chaps that will fit for around 90 dollars. Will maybe try those. I get irritated, seems every time I do or add something that I have to add something else. That is HD for you.

Kevin
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you put on the adjustable wings for the upper faring?

They work extremely well, you can angle them for air when hot, or close them off and shut off most of the air coming under the faring and over the tank.

Kuryakyn
    hd sells a version of this as well.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

I have the "Desert Dawgs" leather "elephant ears" on my bike's engine guards and they work great. Run 'em all year with no appreciable engine oil temp change. Got mine from J&P. Like 'em a lot, as they catch the bugs and gravel real good, too.
  7. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

the biggest cure for turbulance on my glide was take the skidlid off and/ or put a taller shield on, and the dragon wings, got the soft lowers and they are great for cold and rain
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i have a set of soft lowers for mine also. i keep them in the bag for cold and rain....work great!!!!