1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Beautiful New England days

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by Hot01, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

This has been an amazing foliage season. It's usually hit or miss with weather for the whole month. Columbus Day weekend is the tourist weekend for foliage. That Saturday we had temps in the low eighties and all sunshine. Unbelievable. I rode a couple hundred miles around Vermont and enjoyed some good color. The next weekend, a little chillier, but sunshine and more color. Today, back up in the seventies and still good color in places. I've never seen anything like it. Usually the color comes for a few days, maybe a week, then it rains and all the leaves fall off and that's it. If you miss the day or two that's warm and colorful, you're out of luck. This fall has been awesome!

The only problem is that my arm is getting worse and worse. I keep thinking that I'll be forced to take a weekend off from riding because of the weather and it'll have some time to heal. I can't just sit by and let these days go by. The snow is going to fly soon. I was riding with the ex today (I probably should stop calling him that, but there isn't anything else really appropriate) and he always rides behind me since I'm the navigator. He could see that I was having a lot of trouble with my arm. When we stopped at one point he said I should get my arm checked out now because if they figure out they need to do surgery in the spring and I can't ride, I'm going to be like a female grizzly that just had her cubs stolen while stuck in a bear trap and not having eaten in 6 months. Oh and there was a porcupine and something about being on the rag thrown in there too. :roflmao: Ya think I'd be that ornery?
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Yup! :devil:

oh, sounds like a GREAT series of rides..... I remember the Colors in Wisconsin/NE Iowa and such.....GREAT times!
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i know your that ornery!!!! the ex makes sence in this case tho.....rather be layed up over the winter than spring.....
  4. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Ditto, what Chuck said. Might as well get it over with now.:witsend:
  5. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

I am happy your seasonal rides have lasted so long and been that nice. Hasn't been too bad here this year either. Leaves have really just turned around home. Kinda pretty but I don't care for them on the road LOL.

Call him what you would like Hot01, but this time you should probably call him Mr Right ( :p sorry couldn't resist that). Lets see, recovery takes X# of days. You have Y# of days left in this riding season. If they have to do surgery then I am pretty sure X>Y thusly you might miss a few pretty days to ride now, or you could miss and additional X-Y days of the first of 08's season. Not to mention that surgery on arms often = casts. Cast in cold weather, added warm. Cast in warm weather added HOT, and itchy. And the longer you put it off and keep taking rides hurting it further is going to add to the # of recovery days.

We all know winter is natures way to say clean and fix. Clean and fix that arm so it and the bike will be ready to go first thing. Not knowing the nature of your condition and not being a real Dr, but maybe it is something that won't require surgery. Maybe it will just be a few pills or shots and a little time off and it will be all better. I will pray that be the case. Then you will be up and ready to do all those winter tasks with the bike and 100% ready to go in the spring.
  6. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

HOT01 - Git-r-done! Having been under the knife m'self recently, twice in the last year, I can say if ya EVER need to get it done, ya want to be as young as ya can be. Faster healing time, more to look forward to, and you'll have that much less time being a miserable, onery cur...... then back in the saddle and rarin' to go!
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Hot 01 get it done now so you can just write & type at us all winter , I have a bad knee , going in the second week of Nov to get it fixed first week is the last rally & it's only about 30 miles from home & the brace will keep it workin till then :rolleyes:
  8. khill1313

khill1313 New Member

We rode to Nasua,someone showed us some great back roads up there it was great . We went to a place called Mad Mattys in New Boston it had great food cold beer,the football game on tv and music in the backround. If you get a chance its a good place to stop..... Have a good one ride safe