1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Been awhile

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Mar 10, 2015.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I,ve been away for a little over a month , it's been a bad month & a half here , Feb 1 I some got a small tear in my left shoulder rotor cup, while on a trio to north Texas , Had my Daughter here to help the wife , daughter sends me a pic of the wifes foot all swollen up she tripped , get home & not feeling well & nether was my special needs son ,so to the Doc's Feb 3 get meds & next morning feeling a bit better ,I got my son up & dressed , wife feeds him , she get up & goes to our bed room comes right back about 5 sec & she says Bill's not looking good he's setting right in front of me & had just raised his arm like always so I check & he just passed away , now he lived 35,1/2 years longer then the Doc's had said , among all this mess we find out the wife needs to have surgier on the foot , then we had some more bad news , a week goes by now 3-1 my grandson calls me around 830 am he has my truck & says some knot head cut him off fog & rain with no lights on he tried to miss then & did but hit the wall & bounced off & into the other side wall on a exit ramp totaled my 01 Dodge diesel ,insurance company is slow because of all the snow up north & there adjusters are up there so they found a indy adjuster here ,& now the wife has a upper respiratory infection , so I haven't even come close to working on my bike since Jan , when I put the new rings on , jugs are still setting wrapped up since I had then honed , I know theres a reason for ever thing & where all doing better no ones hurt bad & the wifes getting better
  2. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

3. cowboy

He's my special needs son , & somewhere in there last week or two My daughter in law was rushed to the hospital for a MS flair up had to spend the week there so I kept my 7 & 5 year old grandkids run them to & from school , wow what difference , since my youngest is 32 , so it's been a long time since I had to do that
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

man, sorry to hear this
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sorry to hear about bill

Hopefully things will be uphill after all this
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Like I told you a week or so ago I'm very sorry to hear about all your troubles and your son Bill. I know as you said through Gods help you are making it through this, but still you have been through a lot and like HRK stated hopefully things will be uphill after all this.
  7. badinfluence63

Geez Cowboy...I'm so sorry man. Gods love and comfort your way
  8. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear of your son Bill's passing, Cowboy, and all your other troubles. You and your family will be in my prayers . . .
  9. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Damn...So sorry to hear the bad news...You have my prayers...

Went through the rotator cuff surgery on my left shoulder last January...Not fun...Do yourself a big favor and get it fixed before it tears any further...It can be hell...I know as I have had both of them repaired...
  10. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Horrible news, keep your chin up, it's got to get better because it would be hard to be worse. Thoughts are with you.
  11. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Hey Cowboy, like I told you a couple weeks ago, you and the family still in my thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. bguillory66

bguillory66 Active Member

Just seeing this Cowboy, so sorry for your loss and your recent troubles, sending prayers your way for comfort and quick recoveries.
  13. Lucifer

Lucifer Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this cowboy...
  14. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

So sorry Cowboy. As a parent who also lost a son about a year ago I get comfort from all the wonderful moments I was gifted to spend with him. God bless you.
  15. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Cowboy, just saw this, I am so sorry. God Bless...
  16. cowboy

This about says it all , Bill was the second son I've lost , I lost my second oldest when he was 16 , back in 1988 , the memories from both of them & all my other children & the grace of God & my wife keeps me going , & Now for the Great news I found out this weekend my daughter who just got married last april is knocked up with twin Boys , that's the best dam news Ive had all year :)
  17. badinfluence63

I just couldn't fathom being in your shoes cowboy. I've had my share of hardships and disapointment but nothing to that extent. Don't now how you and the missus do it. I'm changed forever as a consequence of my experiences. Glad you have God on your side,thru Him all things are possible, including some how moving onwards.
  18. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Twins! God is good! My youngest son and his wife had twins, boy n girl almost 3 years ago. They are such a blessing (and a handful for the parents) I'm sure yours will be too. The old cliche: when one door closes another door opens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Twin boys! Great news. To paraphrase Fatboy; they will be a double blessing and a double handful LOL.
  20. cowboy

lol thanks guys but more like double trouble ,I know both there parients , , Lost a good friend yesterday to cancer he was just 33 & very talented when it came to working on cars /trucks or anything with wheels from paint & body to wrenching on them , but he has been in the hospital about a month & then moved to a hospis place to pass & now he's out of pain & in a better place