1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Before replaceing or repeatedly adjusting your carburetor,

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by FriendGregory, Nov 25, 2007.

1. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

ask yourself, did you clean it? Why are you replacing the carb? Did it always perform poorly? At least try doing a cleaning, it does not have to be rebuilt, just dump the bowl and make sure everything seems to work, wipe off any thing that can come off and put back together and adjust.

Man did my FLHS start easy after a cleaning and winds up real nice also. Now I feel stupid for not doing it right away.

There is a how-to on tech tips. I vote to not replace the carburetor unless it is wrong for the configuration of your bike.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great advise!!!!:) holds true for most items that go haywire...
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

I agree with Chuck, except when my computer went haywire I couldn't find the bowl on the d$mn thing to dump it :banghead: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
  4. FriendGregory

FriendGregory New Member

Your busting my gut with the LOL

I turned over my broken computer to my buddy that is an expert and has several of the same computers. He found hard drive and motherboard fried when the power supply lost a bridge.
  5. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I learned the hard way. I replaced my CV with an SS when I really didn't have too. I'm happy with the SS but I could have been just as happy with the CV and a few hundred more dollars in may pocket. :banghead: