1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Belt drives

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gabby, Mar 5, 2009.

1. gabby

gabby New Member

jireh cycle offers a belt drive to fit soft tail evo's. it is a complete kit, clutches, basket and such. will this fit a soft tail tc? if you're replacing everything, as long as shafts are the same size, i don't see a problem. maybe the starter gear. what ya'll think?:wtf:
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am not sure it will fit. i would contact them and ask their tech department......have fun and let us know!!!
  3. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

Can't answer that question, but I have one - why? Yes, there are some advantages to a primary belt drive, but they really only apply to very high power bikes like a Pro Nitro drag bike. One gasoline setup I've got for Land-Speed-Record runs that made 167 HP last time we ran it doesn't need one. And they stick out far enough to cut your lean angle way down. Of course if you don't corner very hard, you've got forward controls, not having to mess with fluid changes in the primary or chain adjustment issues & the appearance is what matters, then the belt-drive setup is pretty cool - but also expensive & unnecessary. I reckon it's my "form follows function" mindset kicking in ;)